Bushmen's Brew Honeybush

Honey
Tea Bag
Decaffeinated
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by nonygray

From Numi Organic Tea

For hundreds of years, the Khoi and San peoples of Southern Africa hand gathered this plant from the mountainous regions of their homelands. This honey scented flowering bush creates an enticing rich brew with sweet honey over-tones. Rich in anti-oxidants, phytoestrogens and essential minerals, this new, organic African herbal is both delicious and healthy. One sip and the secret touches your soul.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This was a nice surprise. I’ve had other honeybush that turned weird or tasted too sweet to me, so the Numi version is refreshing. There’s not really anything else to it- no blends, no bonus flavor. I prefer my tea strong, so I brewed it quite a long time and it still didn’t taste heavy or bitter at all.

The aroma is more complicated, and sweeter, but the actual flavor is simple; mostly a grass-like freshness.

Got this just now from a tea swap. Have never had honeybush before! It brews up a clear rich reddish-brown, like oolong, and while both the dried bag and the final result are sweetly aromatic, the scent doesn’t resemble honey at all to my nose. What it is like is the slightly medicinal-fruity sweetness of dried longan meat or red dates, as used in Chinese soups and fortifying drinks. Based on that I’d assume honeybush is “heaty”. My mother says she finds it acidic, but I don’t. It doesn’t taste like much, actually (and it’s been steeping for 6 minutes at this point), but that’s fine with me in a late-night uncaffeinated brew.

I had no idea what this tea was before I tried it, but it was EXACTLY as I thought it would be. A nice scent and a nice flavor. It also doesn’t get bitter if you boil the water. I think it would be nice if Numi paired honeybush with some kind of melon flavor in another tea.

I wasn’t a fan of the honeybush. While it had a pretty good flavor, the smell was off-putting to me.

This has a very nice, sweet smell. Tastes mild and sweet. It goes down smoothly, but for some reason I am getting a hint of cardboard or that taste of an an envelope if you lick the sticky part. It might be the bag. Regardless, the honeybush’s sweetness overpowered the cardboard taste. I would not repurchase this.

This is a fantastic tea, very nice scent, a rich but not overpowering flavor with wood notes. I always have a box handy.

Sweet scent. Nice brown with reddish tint for color. Delightful taste. I really like this