Chocolate Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Cocoa, Nutmeg, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Rooibos, Organic Vanilla Beans
Chocolate, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet, Nutmeg, Nuts, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Lee

• “For some 15 (or more) years of my life, my wonderful neighbor went to Germany to visit her children for the spring months. While she was gone, we watched her home, brought in the mail and other...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “Well this is my 2nd attempt at Pu Erh. My 1st was adagio’s pu erh dante which was absolutely vile. But ya know… something just dawned on me. It’s almost exactly a...” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Insteresting letter from Jillian in my letterbox today! I’ve been trying to figure out what to try first and decided I was more interested in this. When I sent Jillian my...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1327 tasting notes
  • “This was the tea I was craving yesterday after Harney & Sons’ Peaches & Ginger black tea. To be fair, I was wanting it the day before too. This tea, I crave at times. It tastes like...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

A rich, velvet, chocolaty aroma envelops this enticing blend of deep, dark Puerh and organic cocoa nibs. Numi’s Chocolate Puerh is made with organic wild-harvested tea leaves fermented and ripened into an earthy black tea. Whole vanilla beans and sweet accents of orange peel enhance this blend along with nutmeg and cinnamon rounding off a spicy finish. Rich in antioxidants, this hearty and healthy Puerh tea is decadence in a cup.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

Hot chocolate. That is what this tea smells like. When steeped it also has a slight hot chocolate flavor to it. It reminds me of a really good hot chocolate that I can’t remember the name of. Godiva? maybe… Numi has done a great job once again. I love most of what I’ve tried from them and this one is another keeper. The other thing I love about this tea is that the puerh and the chocolate not only mix well but also don’t try to over power each other. Perfectly proportionate.

Flavors: Chocolate

4 min, 0 sec 1 tsp

I was feeling groggy, so that seemed like a good excuse to revisit some of the Numi filterbag pu-erhs. This Chocolate Puerh seems more like a cocoa chai than a pu-erh to me. It reminds me of a cross between Chai Diaries Wisdom Pu-erh and Chai Diairies Chocolate Chai. The last time I drank this brew with milk, though the liquor is rather light and cloudy amber, indicating that there are more spices and what-not than black tea in the blend. Today i am drinking it au naturel. I realize now that one bag would go better in 5 rather than 10 ounces. Seems a bit wan.

I am weighing the possibility of obtaining some of this tea in loose-leaf form. I am very curious to see what the proportions of added stuff look like. Some of Numi’s loose-leaf teas come only in a 1 lb bag, but a few also are offered in a 4 ounce size. Hopefully this one is among them.

Flavors: Cocoa

Boiling 5 min, 15 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

I took this out of the teabag and put into an infuser so I could see it. It looks like ground up cacao beans and nuts. Smells sooooooo chocolatey!!!!
The liquor is an orange dark brown color but still see thru. I am glad because I thought that it would be thick and muddy being pu-erh. But this is only the second pu-erh I have had and I like this one.
I didn’t look at the ingredients until after I had been sipping it and there is a cinnamon finish. This is like a Mayan chocolate drink and it’s very yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As the mixture cools, I can taste the vanilla beans which are also ground up inside!!!
Very yummy and was a good impulse buy!!
This is probably the best tea bag tea that I have tried. I love the chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg flavors. Enjoying a cup that I brewed in my Pyrex cup this morning lol. Easy!
This is probably the only teabag that I would actually buy on a regular basis. It is really good in a pinch when you are just in a total hurry. It has a satisfying black tea, hot chocolate flavor. I even kept it in the teabag this morning I was in such a hurry but I usually cut the contents out and brew in an infuser bc of supposed chemicals in teabags and coffee filters. I just drank chemicals and all this morning lol what can you do,,,they’re everywhere :(

Flavors: Chocolate, Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet, Nutmeg, Nuts, Orange Zest, Vanilla

I liked this tea, although as one other person commented it tastes “thin.” the flavors are all there—nice chocolate, cinnamon, earthy puerh, but it just isn’t as strong as I would prefer. Compared to The Tea Spot’s Bolder Breakfast, this is rather light. (Although I suppose that is not quite a fair comparison because the Bolder Breakfast is a blend of black tea and puerh, so of course it would taste stronger than just pure puerh.)Anyway, as far as chocolatey teas go, this is good but not my favorite.

I first had Pu Erh tea in Japan when my good friend bought me a bag and told me it was beauty tea. She was very beautiful, and so was the tea. This has the Pu Erh flavor but the chocolate really adds another amazing dimension to it. This tea works great when I am craving chocolate and want to feel indulgent. It is very good!

I take back all the mean things i said about chocolate teas. This one works really well—far better than Zhena’s Chocolate Chai! I’ve never had a pu’erh before, but it seems to go perfectly with the chocolate & touch of spice. The orange is super subtle. I would happily drink this again next time i had a chocolate craving at work.

Something about Numi tea makes me feel special. I feel proud walking out of the grocery store with a new box, then whenever I get to work the next day I show it off to my coworkers and make everyone sniff it, and they probably hate me. Anyways, I love this tea so much. When I first opened the packet, the first thing I noticed was how deep and luxurious the scent was, and I wanted to eat the bag. I didn’t do that however, and instead drank it like intended and enjoyed it thoroughly. It’s smooth, earthy, and overall yummy. I have yet to try it with soy milk which I intend to do soon.

I’m very fond of this tea, and it’s counterpart, the normal Pu-erh. This tea goes down very smooth, and has a nice earthy taste to it.

Boiling 8 min or more

One of my all time favorites! Helped me kick my coffee habit because it’s equally comforting. No sweetener necessary and the nature of the caffeine is very smooth.

Chocolate, earthy, with a touch of spice. It feels very thick for a tea. It’s a good combination of flavors and doesn’t have any of the standard black tea bitterness or astringency. I like to drink this hot.