Chocolate Puerh

Pu-erh Tea
Cocoa, Nutmeg, Organic Cinnamon, Organic Orange Peel, Organic Rooibos, Organic Vanilla Beans
Chocolate, Cocoa, Cinnamon, Dark Bittersweet, Nutmeg, Nuts, Orange Zest, Vanilla
Tea Bag
Medium
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Lee

• “For some 15 (or more) years of my life, my wonderful neighbor went to Germany to visit her children for the spring months. While she was gone, we watched her home, brought in the mail and other...” Read full tasting note
    cinoi1551 243 tasting notes
  • “Well this is my 2nd attempt at Pu Erh. My 1st was adagio's pu erh dante which was absolutely ??vile??. But ya know... something just dawned on me. It's almost exactly a year since that experience....” Read full tasting note
    Cofftea 865 tasting notes
  • “Insteresting letter from Jillian in my letterbox today! I've been trying to figure out what to try first and decided I was more interested in this. When I sent Jillian my 'wishlist' of things I'd...” Read full tasting note
    Angrboda 1278 tasting notes
  • “This was the tea I was craving yesterday after Harney & Sons' Peaches & Ginger black tea. To be fair, I was wanting it the day before too. This tea, I crave at times. It tastes like dark rich...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

A rich, velvet, chocolaty aroma envelops this enticing blend of deep, dark Puerh and organic cocoa nibs. Numi’s Chocolate Puerh is made with organic wild-harvested tea leaves fermented and ripened into an earthy black tea. Whole vanilla beans and sweet accents of orange peel enhance this blend along with nutmeg and cinnamon rounding off a spicy finish. Rich in antioxidants, this hearty and healthy Puerh tea is decadence in a cup.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I take back all the mean things i said about chocolate teas. This one works really well—far better than Zhena’s Chocolate Chai! I’ve never had a pu’erh before, but it seems to go perfectly with the chocolate & touch of spice. The orange is super subtle. I would happily drink this again next time i had a chocolate craving at work.

Something about Numi tea makes me feel special. I feel proud walking out of the grocery store with a new box, then whenever I get to work the next day I show it off to my coworkers and make everyone sniff it, and they probably hate me. Anyways, I love this tea so much. When I first opened the packet, the first thing I noticed was how deep and luxurious the scent was, and I wanted to eat the bag. I didn’t do that however, and instead drank it like intended and enjoyed it thoroughly. It’s smooth, earthy, and overall yummy. I have yet to try it with soy milk which I intend to do soon.

I’m very fond of this tea, and it’s counterpart, the normal Pu-erh. This tea goes down very smooth, and has a nice earthy taste to it.

Boiling 8 min or more

One of my all time favorites! Helped me kick my coffee habit because it’s equally comforting. No sweetener necessary and the nature of the caffeine is very smooth.

Chocolate, earthy, with a touch of spice. It feels very thick for a tea. It’s a good combination of flavors and doesn’t have any of the standard black tea bitterness or astringency. I like to drink this hot.

I’m a huge pu-erh fan, as well as a “chocolate tea” fan. This is neither.

Received this from Mel. I was really excited about this being Chocolate and Puerh. Then I read the description on the tea bag pouch that read, “velvety and vanilla.” So I got a bit worried. What happened to chocolate? Then I read the ingredients on the back of the tea bag pouch with more ingredients like nutmeg and cinnamon. Now it’s a chai? Darn.
I thought this was ok. Not being a fan of chai I could still drink it. The flavors seemed to mellow as I drank it even. But I thought the chocolate was the most distant flavor of the bunch. Not at all what I expected. But ok.