Emperor’s Pu-erh

Edit tea info Last updated by seule771

From Numi Organic Tea

Numi Tea

Emperor’s Pu-erh
Ancient healing tea packed with antioxidants

Soulful Steeping:
Bring regal water to a boil, slowly pour over a bag of Emperor’s Pu-erh. Steep 3-5 minutes. This tea is strong enough to handle milk, yet mild enough to be served alone. For iced tea, steep 2 tea bags, cool and pour over ice.

Ingredients: Organic Black Pu-erh Tea

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’m back at Tony’s. We’re watching Hell on Wheels. Next up is SNL.

This was one of the first Puerh teas I ever had, along with The Tea Spot’s Bolder Breakfast. Considering that this is in a bag, it’s really not bad, & definitely better than the cherry cough syrup tasting Shu I had a little while ago. It’s a smooth earthy tasting cup, a nice way to start drawing my day to a close.

A review of Emperor’s Pu-erh by Numi Organic Tea

Company: Numi Organic Tea
Tea Name: Emperor’s Pu-erh
Tea Type/Varietal: Pu-erh
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Liquor Color: dark red; seemingly like that of rich chocolate
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
I am having another of Numi pu-erh tea from the sampler pack that I purchased some time ago. Today it is Emperor’s Pu-erh.

I take the tea bag and put in my cup and I then add the boiled water over the tea bag and leave to steep for five minutes. Whilst pouring the water, the tea water colored a lightest orange/melon color to a darken red…hinting of that rich chocolate aspect pure cocoa’s have, except there is not chocolate or cocoa in this pu-erh.

Tea’s color is a lovely bright red with an earthy aroma; that moisten earth permeates this cup of tea. And when sipping of the tea it is rich and smooth tasting very malty. I had enjoyed this Emperor’s Pu-erh last year and I am happy to find it similarly a good cup of tea.

Overall, this tea is bold, rich and malty.

Please keep things friendly and .

The bag smells sweet before brewing, but once the water hits the tea there’s this roasted and far more earthy scent that rises. The tea brewed really dark, think chocolate, before I noticed and pulled the bag.

I breathed in the rich scent, stared into the mirror black, and took a sip: nothing much. The tea is mild, except for some malt and a vague smokiness. After finishing the cup I was left with astringency and a lingering memory of a smoky flavor that I don’t much enjoy.

Please keep things friendly and .

I wanted to try this because of all the health benefits it apparently has. It has a very different fermentation process than other teas. The dry tea didn’t have a strong smell but after steeping, it smelled fishy, which was very odd. Wouldn’t recommend it, but I’m open to trying a different pu-erh tea (maybe a flavored one).

Flavors: Earth, Fishy

Please keep things friendly and .

1) Pre-Taste: Ooh so dark at only 3 minutes of brewing. Intense scent, too. Earthy, with a hint of mud. I like that in my pu-erh.
2) First Sip: Delicate and yet so dark. That’s unusual for pu-erh, especially since it was so fragrant post-brew.
3) Second Sip: Much fuller mouth feel and flavor in the second taste. Definitely taste the earthiness more. I wish I had better descriptive words for earthiness. Like its not a forest earthy but a plantation earthy. Maybe a hill or mountaintop?
4) Final Thought: Definitely a richer soil flavor than other bagged pu-erh teas. The final sips made me think of potting soil a bit too. If you like earthy and want the convenience of a bag instead of loose leaf, you may want to try this tea.

Flavors: Dirt, Earth, Wet Earth

Boiling 1 tsp 10 OZ / 295 ML

Please keep things friendly and .

Today I’m drinking this with soy milk and masala chai spice. It makes for a lovely cuppa chai.