Emperor’s Pu-erh

From Numi Organic Tea

Numi Tea
www.numitea.com

Emperor’s Pu-erh
Ancient healing tea packed with antioxidants

Soulful Steeping:
Bring regal water to a boil, slowly pour over a bag of Emperor’s Pu-erh. Steep 3-5 minutes. This tea is strong enough to handle milk, yet mild enough to be served alone. For iced tea, steep 2 tea bags, cool and pour over ice.

Ingredients: Organic Black Pu-erh Tea

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’m back at Tony’s. We’re watching Hell on Wheels. Next up is SNL.

This was one of the first Puerh teas I ever had, along with The Tea Spot’s Bolder Breakfast. Considering that this is in a bag, it’s really not bad, & definitely better than the cherry cough syrup tasting Shu I had a little while ago. It’s a smooth earthy tasting cup, a nice way to start drawing my day to a close.

A review of Emperor’s Pu-erh by Numi Organic Tea

Company: Numi Organic Tea
Tea Name: Emperor’s Pu-erh
Tea Type/Varietal: Pu-erh
Region:
Steeping Vessel/Amt. Leaf: cup/ tea bag
Liquor Color: dark red; seemingly like that of rich chocolate
Leaf Characteristics:

1. Steepings

1st Steeping:
Water temperature: 200 Fahrenheit
Time: 3 minutes
I am having another of Numi pu-erh tea from the sampler pack that I purchased some time ago. Today it is Emperor’s Pu-erh.

I take the tea bag and put in my cup and I then add the boiled water over the tea bag and leave to steep for five minutes. Whilst pouring the water, the tea water colored a lightest orange/melon color to a darken red…hinting of that rich chocolate aspect pure cocoa’s have, except there is not chocolate or cocoa in this pu-erh.

Tea’s color is a lovely bright red with an earthy aroma; that moisten earth permeates this cup of tea. And when sipping of the tea it is rich and smooth tasting very malty. I had enjoyed this Emperor’s Pu-erh last year and I am happy to find it similarly a good cup of tea.

Overall, this tea is bold, rich and malty.

Today I’m drinking this with soy milk and masala chai spice. It makes for a lovely cuppa chai.