Broccoli Cilantro (Savory Teas)

Green Herbal Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Ellyn
Boiling 8 min or more

• “I tried this last night. I bought it has part of the savory tea collection. I love broccoli and I love cilantro. This was the first one of the box that I wanted to try as I truly enjoy the...” Read full tasting note
    Ellyn 228 tasting notes
  • “Okay, finally one that isn't from the Tea & Cards box. I've been eying the garden sampler of these for a while and finally sprung for it: I like vegetable teas as a rule and these look so...” Read full tasting note
    bluebelle 407 tasting notes
  • “The teabag has a very strong aroma of dried soup mix or cubed bouillon - or... seasoning salt. The liquor is reminiscent of consommé of some sort. I smell tomato, spinach, maybe celery? It's...” Read full tasting note
    VeryPisces 53 tasting notes
  • “The boyfriend and it went out to dinner tonight, so I had a cup of this around 6 to hold me over till he got of work at 8. I noticed how swollen the bag gets (and maybe I'm having too much fun with...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 149 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

As pungent aromas lure you into this abundant garden, the hearty flavors of broccoli, celery leaves and cilantro capture your palate. Turmeric and decaf green tea deliver a peppery roundness. Come home and relax to a cup of Broccoli Cilantro’s sweet lingering taste.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I tried this last night. I bought it has part of the savory tea collection.

I love broccoli and I love cilantro. This was the first one of the box that I wanted to try as I truly enjoy the combination in other items.

This tastes like a savory soup! I can’t believe how good it is! This would be great with a light lunch or as something to hold you over until dinner.

What a yummy surprise. I have never tasted anything quite like it!

Bonnie

Sounds like soup.

Ellyn

It really is delicious!

KeenTeaThyme

This sounds really interesting! I’m of the “cilantro tastes like metal to me” camp, but I do so love broccoli…even as a kid. ;)

Ellyn

I think the cilantro is not as obvious in this one and the broccoli is MUCH more prominent. The Numi savory tea collection is just so interesting and different I couldn’t resist buying the box with the variety savory pack.

TastyBrew

i saw that in the store the other day. i’ll grab it next time. sounds good!

Ysaurella

incredible flavors for a tea…but we need to be curious

Kittenna

Oh yuck. :P

Tamm

I am also a person who can’t do the whole cilantro thing; but this is probably one of the more far-out teas I’ve heard of.

Okay, finally one that isn’t from the Tea & Cards box. I’ve been eying the garden sampler of these for a while and finally sprung for it: I like vegetable teas as a rule and these look so interesting. I’m having a little before-bed snack and thought this would go well with it. (It does, for the record: spiced goat cheese and pretzels.) This smells so good! It’s like soup, in the best possible way. I want to eat the bag but I think I’ll hold off for now.

I expected this to steep up green, but it’s actually orange! It smells a little spicy brewed up, too. Maybe that’s the turmeric coming through? It tastes like soup, too! Good soup, of course, and without all the salt. It would be fun to try and cook with this as a soup base or seasoning, but I also like drinking it.

ETA: The blend of spices in this leaves the effect of salt on my tongue even though there’s none in this cup. How interesting!

The teabag has a very strong aroma of dried soup mix or cubed bouillon – or… seasoning salt.

The liquor is reminiscent of consommé of some sort. I smell tomato, spinach, maybe celery? It’s like hot V8 and I’m afraid to try it.

Wow. It’s the liquid left after you’ve boiled broccoli. I don’t taste cilantro.

I don’t know what to say. Sell it as a broth to be used as a noodle soup base but I just can’t drink it straight as tea. Somewhere, I imagine Numi board members laughing and saying, “I told you, people will drink anything!”

Ramen, anyone?

The boyfriend and it went out to dinner tonight, so I had a cup of this around 6 to hold me over till he got of work at 8. I noticed how swollen the bag gets (and maybe I’m having too much fun with loose leaf teas), so I ripped the bag open and steeped it in my French press to allow plenty of room for the broccoli to expand. After steeping I added in a little bit of chicken broth base stuff (the liquidy type you keep in a fridge) to instead of plain salt. While it masked any remaining tea flavor that might have been left, it made for a delicious broth soup that really did satisfy me. This tea is so tasty and fun with so many possibilities.

The dry package smells green, but not necessarily like broccoli. It does smell a bit like freeze-dried veggies of some sort. I definitely get a parsley-like vegetable, and onion, a little pepper, and celery.

Once the water hits, though? Mmmm, broccoli.

This one has more garlic and onion-y flavor than some of the others, and a definite brocolli vegginess to it. There’s a little bit of cilantro zip in the front of the sip and then in the aftertaste, but the flavor itself it really muted.

I’m seriously enamored with how different these are.

Boiling 8 min or more
Stephanie

I’ve been enjoying your reviews :) they do sound so unique!