White Tea
Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Numi Organic Tea

White tea & fragrant rosebuds

Our enchanted White Rose blends the smoothness of delicate, organic white tea with whole organic rosebuds. This sweet and fragrant liaison is as provocative as it is healthy.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified organic white tea, organic rosebuds

Instructions for loose leaf: Steep 1 loose tbsp per 8 ounces of not-quite boiling water for 3.5 minutes. Re-brew leaves up to 3 times. Add about 30 seconds for each additional brew.

Instructions for tea bags: Steep in freshly boiled water for 2-3 minutes.

http://shop.numitea.com/White-Rose/p/NUMIS-10280&[email protected]@White

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’ve had a box of these teabags for a while now, and think that I’ve had maybe one cup. I’m just not impressed by this tea. It’s very bland, although if you like white teas this would probably be more enjoyable. The rest of this box is up for grabs if anyone wants it!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells lightly of roses. Tea liquor aroma faintly floral.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium yellow orange color.
-Fresh grassy flavor and finish. Light rose aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Fair tea. A very bland cup with not much flavor.

sherapop

The loose leaf version is better than the filter bags (unsurprisingly). It’s also beautiful, with tons of vibrant rose petals.

I have liked several of the rose teas I’ve tried, but this was a bit disappointing. It was a little on the bland side, and I didn’t feel like the white tea they chose complemented the rose very well. Maybe it would work better cold brewed, but I don’t think it’s worth buying again to find out.

Flavors: Grass, Rose

2 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This tea is relatively easygoing on the palate, and it definitely makes a great spring or summer delight. I personally prefer it with honey rather than sugar, though it honestly doesn’t need any additives whatsoever (and you should be careful in adding stuff, since the flavor is so light that honey can become overbearing).

Flavors: Floral, Grass, Rose

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I love iced white rose tea, I usually buy in bulk from Davidsons (Valentine tea), but picked up some of these to keep on hand for traveling cause it’s easier to handle tea bags. Anyways, the rose flavor is much more subtle in the Numi brand. While I’ll still buy to keep on hand in my purse, for my day to day iced rose tea I will stick with my usual brand since it packs more of a rose punch.

For white rose tea I prefer cold brewing it overnight in the fridge. 1 bag per cup of water and let sit for at least 2-3 hours. To me white tea doesn’t get bitter no matter how long it steeps, so there’s no upper limit here.

Flavors: Rose

Hmm…. too much like chewing on rose petals.

I’ve had this tea once before but my computer cleared my note before I was able to finish it. I do remember that it tasted of rooibos and rose which is strange since this is a white tea. It’s certainly darker than any white tea I’ve had before, much like a rooibos or a lighter black tea once brewed. The tea bag is so sweetly speckled with pink and it smells of rose.

After steeping, the liquid is bitter so I’ll need to drop the temperature down next time. I can taste the rose though and tea this time instead of rooibos. The liquid is murky so I keep swishing it around in my cup to mix it. Overall, it’s okay. It’s not my favorite Numi tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Rose

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I need to try more of this and update my rating, but the one sample bag I had was light and refreshing. The rose petal scent had me saying “aaahh” after each sip. Yes, out loud. It’s like taking a nap without falling asleep. I have one more tea bag, but I am saving it to share with a friend. This is my first white tea, and my first rose tea. I will probably make it stronger next time.

Very light tasting tea, I would try two bags next time.

Flavors: Herbs, Honey, Rose

I like this. I had it at work today with a bit of brown sugar. It smells like a bouquet of roses. Frankly, the teabag looks like it too – all I could see was petal bits, no actual tea. The flavor of the base is kind of interesting. It’s heartier than I expected from a white tea, but it balances nicely with the natural rose flavor. I want to drink this a few more times before rating it, but so far it’s enjoyable.

Flavors: Rose

This came in my October Tea Sparrow box. It’s a pretty simple rose flavoured white tea, nice enough but not my favourite rose-y tea by any stretch. I just got a little gram scale for weighing tea, and was amazed that 3 generous teaspoons of this only amounted to 2.8g – so I’m beginning to see why Tea Sparrow recommends 1 tbsp per cup!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML