White Tea
Fair Trade, Kosher, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

From Numi Organic Tea

White tea & fragrant rosebuds

Our enchanted White Rose blends the smoothness of delicate, organic white tea with whole organic rosebuds. This sweet and fragrant liaison is as provocative as it is healthy.

Ingredients: Fair Trade Certified organic white tea, organic rosebuds

Instructions for loose leaf: Steep 1 loose tbsp per 8 ounces of not-quite boiling water for 3.5 minutes. Re-brew leaves up to 3 times. Add about 30 seconds for each additional brew.

Instructions for tea bags: Steep in freshly boiled water for 2-3 minutes.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I’ve had a box of these teabags for a while now, and think that I’ve had maybe one cup. I’m just not impressed by this tea. It’s very bland, although if you like white teas this would probably be more enjoyable. The rest of this box is up for grabs if anyone wants it!

-Standard teabag with a tag.
-Teabag smells lightly of roses. Tea liquor aroma faintly floral.
-Tea liquor is a cloudy medium yellow orange color.
-Fresh grassy flavor and finish. Light rose aftertaste.
-Best with sweetener.
-Fair tea. A very bland cup with not much flavor.

sherapop

The loose leaf version is better than the filter bags (unsurprisingly). It’s also beautiful, with tons of vibrant rose petals.

I’ve had this tea once before but my computer cleared my note before I was able to finish it. I do remember that it tasted of rooibos and rose which is strange since this is a white tea. It’s certainly darker than any white tea I’ve had before, much like a rooibos or a lighter black tea once brewed. The tea bag is so sweetly speckled with pink and it smells of rose.

After steeping, the liquid is bitter so I’ll need to drop the temperature down next time. I can taste the rose though and tea this time instead of rooibos. The liquid is murky so I keep swishing it around in my cup to mix it. Overall, it’s okay. It’s not my favorite Numi tea.

Flavors: Bitter, Rose

195 °F / 90 °C 3 min, 0 sec 8 OZ / 236 ML

I need to try more of this and update my rating, but the one sample bag I had was light and refreshing. The rose petal scent had me saying “aaahh” after each sip. Yes, out loud. It’s like taking a nap without falling asleep. I have one more tea bag, but I am saving it to share with a friend. This is my first white tea, and my first rose tea. I will probably make it stronger next time.

Very light tasting tea, I would try two bags next time.

Flavors: Herbs, Honey, Rose

I like this. I had it at work today with a bit of brown sugar. It smells like a bouquet of roses. Frankly, the teabag looks like it too – all I could see was petal bits, no actual tea. The flavor of the base is kind of interesting. It’s heartier than I expected from a white tea, but it balances nicely with the natural rose flavor. I want to drink this a few more times before rating it, but so far it’s enjoyable.

Flavors: Rose

This came in my October Tea Sparrow box. It’s a pretty simple rose flavoured white tea, nice enough but not my favourite rose-y tea by any stretch. I just got a little gram scale for weighing tea, and was amazed that 3 generous teaspoons of this only amounted to 2.8g – so I’m beginning to see why Tea Sparrow recommends 1 tbsp per cup!

180 °F / 82 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is by no means a bad tea, it just isn’t anything particularly special. It is an extremely floral tea, which you would expect with a name like white rose. It brews a light golden color and tastes like roses. If you enjoy rose milk or anything of the sort, there is a probability you will like this. I do wish it was a bit more full-bodied, there are plenty of blending agents that could boost this tea’s flavor and give it a more well-rounded experience.

Smells of roses waft
Liquid floral scent across
My palate dances.

Flavors: Floral, Rose

MushroomBugg

Thanks. :)

Cheri

I really enjoy your little poems. That’s why I started following you.

MushroomBugg

I’ve enjoyed making them, so I’m glad they make someone else smile too. _ I figure I don’t really know enough about tea to make tasting notes worth a crap. But this way I can improve my tea tasting skills and my ability to haiku. And who doesn’t like tea-themed things?

Cheri

Hey, tea is about what you like, what you taste, not anyone else. Don’t worry about your notes. Have you seen mine? Most are completely useless for anyone else.

Got this in the Numi Organic sampler box and loved how it smelled both before and during brewing. The little rose petal flecks are even pretty in the bag. The rose flavor was pretty light, but I could definitely see myself drinking this often. I’ll also be excited to try more rose teas!

Next up in the Rose Parade is Numi White Rose, the loose leaf verison. Truly this tea is a wonder to behold, with by far the highest percentage of rose in any rose tea I have ever seen. In lots of blends, a few rose petals are thrown in for show, primarily to add some color, much the way cornflower petals are added to many blends though, to my knowledge, they do not alter the taste.

In this case, however, the rose petals are the primary matter being infused! Needless to say, anyone who does not positively adore roses, to the point of being prepared to eat them, probably will not like this tea. For rose amateurs such as myself, on the other hand, this blend will satisfy any desire which might ever arise to “drink a rose”.

The liquor begins greenish—similar to lavender-chamomile infusions—but then turns gold. My guess is that the rose is implicated somehow in the green opening, since I have not seen white teas infuse in quite the same way.

I do not think that this is the best white tea around—it’s that sort of motley-looking variety which someone around here described as “having a bad hair day”. So apt. It’s just something of a mess. Fortunately, with the preponderance of roses, the basket-case white tea is easy to forgive—and forget.

165 °F / 73 °C 4 min, 0 sec 5 g 17 OZ / 502 ML