Breakfast Blend

Astringent, Oak wood, Wet Earth
Edit tea info Last updated by Christopher B.

From Numi Organic Tea

This complex blend of organic black teas – malty Assam, robust Ceylon, brisk Chinese Keemum and hints of floral Darjeeling – creates a hearty, balanced morning cup.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

Bag: Leaves are about 3-4mm in length, bag is white filter paper. Tag contains name of tea and brew length which is 4-5 minutes.
Tea: Dark Maple syrup colored after 4 minute brew at about 200F. Aroma is a light earthy smell, barely noticeable. Flavor mild even earthy flavor nothing to write home about, with a rough astringent after taste that drys the back of the tong. After getting through most of the cup there was an was a mild oak flavor coming through.
Notes: I wouldn’t get this tea again, It was too astringent (bitter drying aftertaste). After drinking 12oz of the tea I needed a glass of ice water. Luckily I was able to try this out at a local coffee place without having to buy the whole box.

Flavors: Astringent, Oak wood, Wet Earth

200 °F / 93 °C 4 min, 0 sec 12 OZ / 354 ML

I am not a big fan of this tea. It has a really strong and sour flavor. I think it has a bit of that bumpy flavor too. I drink this tea in the morning.

Mini rant: Guys! Please hide the coffee from me so I’ll go back to drinking tea more often. Stupid rough job making me get bad habits for a multi-cup coffee habit that I do not need.

Stash Down: I have been going through my tea and seeing what tea I would actually drink or not because I need to drink more of my teas so I can get some shiny new teas eventually and I found this one. It is really tasty and I am so glad I found that I had a bag of this left to drink. Just a splash of milk and one spoonful of sugar.

I still drink coffee too but then I think about my giant tea stash – lol

It’s time to come back to us Meg…

I used to be a big coffee drinker while my husband was a big tea drinker. Now I’m a big tea drinker and he’s hooked on coffee. :)

1967 tasting notes

Not bad. Definitely a nice sipdown combined with a caffeine boost.

I’m drinking it with cranberry honey and almond milk. :) Mmm, honey.

This is something I’d grab if I were out and desperate. Probably wouldn’t buy it again, though.

(1 tea bag, 10 oz water)

This is a really nice black tea, It doesn’t have the bitter edge that many black teas have