Fennel Spice (Savory Tea)

Green Herbal Honeybush Blend
Broth, Dill, Fennel, Vegetable Broth, Chicken Soup, Spices
Tea Bag
Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by Cameron B.
Boiling 6 min, 0 sec 10 oz / 295 ml

• “Sipdown (121)! Thanks *Cameron B.* for the sample! I spent the evening watching TV and stuff with Tre and, against my better judgement, we ordered pizza. I'm pizza-d out. It's too much. I should...” Read full tasting note
    roswellstrange 1945 tasting notes
  • “*Samples Only TTB* I'm actually on my second box of Numi Broccoli and Cilantro savory tea, so I could already tell that I was probably going to like this. Fennel seed always reminds me of pizza or...” Read full tasting note
    Mandyyyy 247 tasting notes
  • “*Samples Only TTB* So fennel. Much soup. Many savory. Too spice. Wow. What flavor. Not tea. How drink. This is not tea. o_o This is soup that needs salt and some noodles added. I don't even....” Read full tasting note
    Arshness 74 tasting notes
  • “I don't know how, but I had forgotten I had these. Honestly, they are a bit hard to review because they're more than teas, but not quite soups. They're a bit brothy and definitely heartier than...” Read full tasting note
    moraiwe 616 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

Coaxed by the soothing scents of freshly cut fennel, this crisp concoction will transport you to the enchanting European countryside. The soaring flavors of sweetness envelop the earthy fullness of celery root while slivers of orange peel and decaf green tea delight the palate.

Ingredients: organic fennel, org. celery root, org. orange peel, org. onion, org. dill, org. decaf green tea, org. honeybush, org. black pepper

About Numi Organic Tea View company

1945 tasting notes

Sipdown (121)!

Thanks Cameron B. for the sample! I spent the evening watching TV and stuff with Tre and, against my better judgement, we ordered pizza. I’m pizza-d out. It’s too much. I should have made something else to eat and saved my money, but I was feeling really lazy. Ugh.

This one is probably my least favourite of the three savory teas I’ve had so far; though it’s still pretty good and definitely drinkable. Dry the fennel smelled really strong and I was happy and excited (I love fennel so much), but steeped up it’s not nearly as powerful, though still present for sure. I’m also really picking up on the onion and dill; though I can absolutely tell that the dill is no where near as strong as it was in Spinach Chive. Mostly this is just really well rounded between those three flavours (Fennel, Onion, Dill).

I think I’m getting used to these ones and how unconventional they are. Maybe tomorrow I’ll sipdown Carrot Curry, the one I’m fearing the most, so it’s not “the worst” (well, most intimidating anyway) for last.

Flavors: Broth, Dill, Fennel, Vegetable Broth

Samples Only TTB
I’m actually on my second box of Numi Broccoli and Cilantro savory tea, so I could already tell that I was probably going to like this. Fennel seed always reminds me of pizza or Italian sausage. As is, I’m not a fan of this. But the same goes of my beloved broccoli and cilantro. But with a healthy dosage of salt, this is amazing. I love love love soup. To the point that a lot of times I order just soup when I got out to eat. And this is like drinking a nice flavorful broth. What I really love about these teas, is if they’re a bagged broth and not a tea, then they’re so versatile. They taste a million times better than those cubed bouillon things, they also don’t have added salt which is perfect for those watching their sodium or who think most of those broth mixes are too salty, and they’re much easier to make than having to cook and strain your own broth.
You can also use them in recipes. Throw one in the pasta water while it cooks, use the broth instead of water for lentils, or in place of any recipe that calls for broth for a different twist.
I actually enjoyed this one so much, I’m going to order some from amazon the next time I order more of my broccoli and cilantro (which is going to be soon since I’m adding some to the TTB)

Flavors: Broth, Fennel

Boiling 8 min or more 12 OZ / 354 ML

Samples Only TTB

This is not tea. o_o

This is soup that needs salt and some noodles added.

I don’t even.

What.

I had to. I had to try it. Because sister insisted we should try it. And she was right. We had to try it. Because wow. It was. It was. It was not tea. I don’t even.

Seriously feel I could add some salt and noodles and have a nice lunch here. o_o

But its not tea.

Flavors: Chicken Soup, Fennel, Spices

Boiling 2 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML
Cameron B.

Every time I see something advertised as “savory tea” I’m like what…? Who would drink this…?

Cheri

I’m sorry to hear it was not tea, but this review made me laugh. =D I might have been tempted to hold onto a little bit of this “tea” and add salt and noodles, just to try it.

madametj

I saw savory tea and passed it on. Never tried it. lol!

Arshness

Glad you guys enjoyed haha.
TJ, I had to try it. I had to. Because it was going to be awful. So I had to.

Mandy

Thats actually exactly what I do with my broccoli and chive savory tea from numi. I treat it like broth in a bag. Add a little salt and its a great snack. Use it in place water for things like lentils. So I was excited to see this in the TTB. Sipping on it right now and about to write a note. I love the stuff, haha

Mandy

oh, and I let mine brew for at least 10 minutes. Other wise I find it disgusting. 8 more minutes and who knows? You might have been more of a fan (;

Arshness

Hahaha I just dont like Fennel for one thing XD But yeah, it was more a soup than a tea. I find it weird and disorienting for it to be labeled as tea.

Mandy

Oh, I know, I was originally sent a sample of the spinach and the broccoli flavors from numi and I tried the spinach flavor first and found it so disgusting that I dumped it down the drain. But, like a week later tried the broccoli, and since the first time around it tasted so watery, I let the other sample steep for like half an hour, and then added salt before even tasting it. This was so much better. I honestly don’t even consider them teas, though, just broth bags (:

madametj

Mandy, now I want to try it! lol

Mandy

I added 2 to the TTB, I would have added more but I only have 2 left, and I don’t want to run out before I get more. I can send you a couple when I get my next box though, if you like (: Just in case the other 2 are tested before it gets back to you.

:) yay <3

I don’t know how, but I had forgotten I had these.

Honestly, they are a bit hard to review because they’re more than teas, but not quite soups. They’re a bit brothy and definitely heartier than tea. But I’m finding all of them super flavorful and enjoyable for what they are.

I love, love, love fennel as a spice, so I had a pretty strong inkling I was going to like this one. And I definitely did (though I think the Carrot Curry might still be my favorite) The cup is just a touch licorice-y, with a lot of onion and dill in the background. The finish is peppery and just enough to tickle the back of my throat.

These are so weirdly tasty.

Boiling 8 min or more