Dry Desert Lime

Herbal Tea
Citrus Zest, Lime, Sour, Tart, Bitter, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Frolic

• “Holy puckered fishface Batman! This should come with a warning to not drink after dental work. This thing is wicked tart. I am, on occasion, very partial to sour candy. This, on occasion, could...” Read full tasting note
    telepathboy 185 tasting notes
  • “It’s like a lime Sweet Tart! Yes, it’s definitely tart out of the gate, but surprisingly, I’m tasting a sweetness to it as well that shows up after a few seconds. (And I’m...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1178 tasting notes
  • “Whew! To use an Ozark-ism, “this’ll take the hair offa yer tongue.” Heat wave continues, so this went straight into the sun tea jar, then to the fridge. Even chilled, it made my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1921 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging. I remember liking this odd lime tisaine well enough the last time I had it. I enjoyed the taste and its uniqueness. This time the tisaine wasn’t as I remembered it being. I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

This rare Middle Eastern desert lime is sun-dried and crushed. It has a pleasing tart taste and provides a hearty dose of Vitamin C. Great for relieving colds and headaches

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This is a very unique and delicious tisane! It’s tart, yet has some sweetness to it too. I usually don’t add anything to my tea, but this tastes really nice with honey. Just don’t over brew it. In my experience, anything longer than 5 minutes and it tastes horribly bitter.

For once the name of a product tells you everything you need to know. This is incredibly sour, incredibly strong lime. It has a dry, slightly bitter aftertaste. I find it impossible to drink on its own! I don’t mind some sourness – I’ll squeeze in some lemon or lime to unsweetened tea, and I can drink most hibiscus teas without sugar – but this super lime is on another level.

I could imagine this would be a very convenient tea for fans of lemon or lime flavors, as there is no need to cut open a fresh fruit. With some added honey, sugar, or other sweetener, this would be quite therapeutic hot, and very refreshing iced. However, I can’t help but give this a pretty mediocre rating, because it fails as a stand-alone beverage.

Lime. Just lime. Incredibly refreshing if you have a cold and might even aid recovery the morning after a hard night. But know this: LIME. In all its overpowering and possessive glory. Caveat drinker.

Backlogging
Quite a number of years ago, this was my favorite when I could find it. I agree with the earlier Steepers (What do we call each other?), the tartness is a bright note and it sparkles when the tea is fresh. I assumed that I received a bad batch because the tea oil tasted off and the lime flavor I had enjoyed had dulled appreciably.
You all have inspired me; I’ll have to try it again.

Janefan

This used to be a favorite of mine too, but I also haven’t had it in years. I haven’t forgotten about it though – it’s on my “shopping list.” It does seem hard to find though, and now I’m a bit worried that it won’t taste as good as I remember…

Wow, shockingly sour! I was expecting a little bit of bright citrus in the background, but this was like drinking lime juice. Every sip made my mouth flood with saliva. There is also a musty, mushroom-ness (dry desert) about it. Not terrible, but not what I want either.

I made a cup of this with a bit of sweetener and WOW does it hit you like a punch in the face! It has a strong, clear, citrusy taste of lime. I quite like it, but I used to enjoy warheads and I quite like the tartness of hibiscus too, so buyer beware, I guess. Lime, like grapefruit, is a flavor I have to be in the right mood for, but this definitely captures it!

Flavors: Citrus Zest, Lime, Sour, Tart

Boiling 8 min or more 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

I really like citrus spiced teas and lime flavour, so I thought I would like this. I took one sip and gave it to the person I was with. I do taste lime rind, but mostly I describe the flavour is extremely bitter, acrid, and disgustingly unpleasant. One of the worst teas I have ever had, but I can see how others might enjoy it.

Flavors: Bitter, Citrus Zest, Lime, Sour, Tart

Boiling 2 min, 45 sec 14 OZ / 400 ML

Holy cow, this is so lemony/limey. It’s like I’m drinking slightly-watered-down lime juice. I added some sugar and now it tastes like hot limeade.

I had a cup of it brewing and sat it in the bedroom, my husband walked in and asked me if our cat peed on the bed., not only does it smell like cat urine but it tastes like it too. This is the most vile tasting thing I’ve ever consumed.

I steeped one bag in a one cup mug with boiling water for about 5 mins.

Love adding this tea to cold summer teas. Adds a great citrus note that’s just right for a hot day. Sure you could add lemon juice but using this tea allows for the lemon taste to not overwhelm the tea.