Dry Desert Lime

Herbal Tea
Lime, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Frolic

• “Holy puckered fishface Batman! This should come with a warning to not drink after dental work. This thing is wicked tart. I am, on occasion, very partial to sour candy. This, on occasion,...” Read full tasting note
    telepathboy 185 tasting notes
  • “It's like a lime Sweet Tart! Yes, it's definitely tart out of the gate, but surprisingly, I'm tasting a sweetness to it as well that shows up after a few seconds. (And I'm not using any...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 953 tasting notes
  • “Whew! To use an Ozark-ism, "this'll take the hair offa yer tongue." Heat wave continues, so this went straight into the sun tea jar, then to the fridge. Even chilled, it made my lips so dry I felt...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1718 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging. I remember liking this odd lime tisaine well enough the last time I had it. I enjoyed the taste and its uniqueness. This time the tisaine wasn't as I remembered it being. I didn't...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

This rare Middle Eastern desert lime is sun-dried and crushed. It has a pleasing tart taste and provides a hearty dose of Vitamin C. Great for relieving colds and headaches

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This is a very unique and delicious tisane! It’s tart, yet has some sweetness to it too. I usually don’t add anything to my tea, but this tastes really nice with honey. Just don’t over brew it. In my experience, anything longer than 5 minutes and it tastes horribly bitter.

For once the name of a product tells you everything you need to know. This is incredibly sour, incredibly strong lime. It has a dry, slightly bitter aftertaste. I find it impossible to drink on its own! I don’t mind some sourness – I’ll squeeze in some lemon or lime to unsweetened tea, and I can drink most hibiscus teas without sugar – but this super lime is on another level.

I could imagine this would be a very convenient tea for fans of lemon or lime flavors, as there is no need to cut open a fresh fruit. With some added honey, sugar, or other sweetener, this would be quite therapeutic hot, and very refreshing iced. However, I can’t help but give this a pretty mediocre rating, because it fails as a stand-alone beverage.

Lime. Just lime. Incredibly refreshing if you have a cold and might even aid recovery the morning after a hard night. But know this: LIME. In all its overpowering and possessive glory. Caveat drinker.

Backlogging
Quite a number of years ago, this was my favorite when I could find it. I agree with the earlier Steepers (What do we call each other?), the tartness is a bright note and it sparkles when the tea is fresh. I assumed that I received a bad batch because the tea oil tasted off and the lime flavor I had enjoyed had dulled appreciably.
You all have inspired me; I’ll have to try it again.

Janefan

This used to be a favorite of mine too, but I also haven’t had it in years. I haven’t forgotten about it though – it’s on my “shopping list.” It does seem hard to find though, and now I’m a bit worried that it won’t taste as good as I remember…

Cheaters cold brew: http://instagram.com/p/pZHPAvR5PN/#

It actually worked really well, and I do like the tea even though it’s INCREDIBLY sour and I’m doing a sugar free challenge for 10 days. It’s a nice and easy way to get flavoured water. I’ll have to remember this the next time I’m out and thirsty, as plain water is not something I like to drink.

Flavors: Lime

This was an impulse buy today and I’m glad I got it!!
It really smells like those Airborne orange tablets lol,,,I wonder if Airborne uses dried citrus peel in their recipe?
Now, I live in the desert; and in the summer time I dry stuff all the time especially sun-dried tomatoes. I could probably dry a lime this summer and brew that up so I might try that sometime.
But the reason I got this Numi tisane is that these are 100% natural, dried organic Arabian limes so I thought this would be a slightly unusual lime flavor!!! Plus these are all ground up and put into tea bags so it really gave some punch!!
I loved this herbal! I thought it had a great citrus flavor but not too tart. It really did have elements of those Airborne tablets (but in a good, natural way without the chalk of those things,,,,and in hot liquid form without the effervescence) so I kept thinking how great this would be if you didn’t feel well.
I drank this straight and it was really enjoyable and if you added honey to this, it would just be yum yum!! I will have to do that next time :)

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is such an awesome and unique lime tisane! I have only had it hot (with lots of honey – yum!), but want to try it iced when the temperatures rise.

Well i’m mexican and when i first got this tea the smell reminded me of this white powdered lemon lime candy i ate a lot as a kid. The candy was so tart it seriously made your whole face twist up and i guess being mexican a lot of the candies we have do tend to have that effect so i enjoyed it. I guess i liked this tea a lot more than most people because compared to the candy this tea was actually kind of mild. it didnt have that pucker up effect on me at all it was over all extremely enjoyable.

This really is a very ‘dry’ tasting tea, but with a lovely tart piquancy that makes it a rare find. I have to be in the right mood for this tea, but sometimes I just crave it.