Dry Desert Lime

Herbal Tea
Citrus Zest, Lime, Sour, Tart, Bitter, Lemon Zest, Orange Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Frolic

• “Holy puckered fishface Batman! This should come with a warning to not drink after dental work. This thing is wicked tart. I am, on occasion, very partial to sour candy. This, on occasion, could...” Read full tasting note
    telepathboy 185 tasting notes
  • “It’s like a lime Sweet Tart! Yes, it’s definitely tart out of the gate, but surprisingly, I’m tasting a sweetness to it as well that shows up after a few seconds. (And I’m...” Read full tasting note
    __Morgana__ 1184 tasting notes
  • “Whew! To use an Ozark-ism, “this’ll take the hair offa yer tongue.” Heat wave continues, so this went straight into the sun tea jar, then to the fridge. Even chilled, it made my...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1932 tasting notes
  • “Backlogging. I remember liking this odd lime tisaine well enough the last time I had it. I enjoyed the taste and its uniqueness. This time the tisaine wasn’t as I remembered it being. I...” Read full tasting note
    chrine 545 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

This rare Middle Eastern desert lime is sun-dried and crushed. It has a pleasing tart taste and provides a hearty dose of Vitamin C. Great for relieving colds and headaches

About Numi Organic Tea View company

This one SERIOUSLY is like powdered citric acid. Even steeped, it smells SOOOOO powdery.

I steeped 4 bags in 1 litre of water, accidentally for 24 hours. 10-12 would have been better. I dumped out 1 cup, added 1/2 tsp sugar, refilled with plain water, and now it’s drinkable! Haha. Wow, that was INTENSE.

I do like this tea, I like the idea, I like the intense lime, I even like the powdery impression. But you do have to be careful how you steep it.

(Just one cold brew of this one left!)

Indigobloom

I guess the powder is supposed to be “sand”???

OMGsrsly

It’s just dried lime peel, but there’s so much vitamin C (aka citric acid) in it, that’s what it smells like!

hah. Crazy!!

OMGsrsly

When sick, it’s good with lots of honey. :)

Indigobloom

Hmmm. I may have to pick me up some one day

This was an impulse buy today and I’m glad I got it!!
It really smells like those Airborne orange tablets lol,,,I wonder if Airborne uses dried citrus peel in their recipe?
Now, I live in the desert; and in the summer time I dry stuff all the time especially sun-dried tomatoes. I could probably dry a lime this summer and brew that up so I might try that sometime.
But the reason I got this Numi tisane is that these are 100% natural, dried organic Arabian limes so I thought this would be a slightly unusual lime flavor!!! Plus these are all ground up and put into tea bags so it really gave some punch!!
I loved this herbal! I thought it had a great citrus flavor but not too tart. It really did have elements of those Airborne tablets (but in a good, natural way without the chalk of those things,,,,and in hot liquid form without the effervescence) so I kept thinking how great this would be if you didn’t feel well.
I drank this straight and it was really enjoyable and if you added honey to this, it would just be yum yum!! I will have to do that next time :)

Flavors: Lemon Zest, Orange Zest

Boiling 2 min, 30 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

This is such an awesome and unique lime tisane! I have only had it hot (with lots of honey – yum!), but want to try it iced when the temperatures rise.

Well i’m mexican and when i first got this tea the smell reminded me of this white powdered lemon lime candy i ate a lot as a kid. The candy was so tart it seriously made your whole face twist up and i guess being mexican a lot of the candies we have do tend to have that effect so i enjoyed it. I guess i liked this tea a lot more than most people because compared to the candy this tea was actually kind of mild. it didnt have that pucker up effect on me at all it was over all extremely enjoyable.

This really is a very ‘dry’ tasting tea, but with a lovely tart piquancy that makes it a rare find. I have to be in the right mood for this tea, but sometimes I just crave it.

Probably overstepped but it’s just too sour to me.

One of my all time favorite teas, especially when mixed with Good Earth Superfruit (aka a strong berry tea). I drink this tea hot & iced.

Wonderful tea

2089 tasting notes

This wasn’t the newest tea bag ever, but it was still pretty good. The first steep that I had in for four minutes was very strong and sour, almost to the point where I should have added sugar but I really don’t need any more sugar than I already eat! But the second steep was so weak it barely had any flavor at all. Interesting.