Herbal Pu-erh Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Joker

• “Ok, its really warm here now so I made this one iced and its great for ice because of the strong mint flavors, also I added a splash of lime for a " mojito tea" and its awesome just as good as the...” Read full tasting note
    toadman208 458 tasting notes
  • “This wasn't even meh, it was BLEH! I liked Numi's Emperor Pu-erh but this was positively anemic. I put three teabags in my 22 ounce Beehouse pot and steeped for a full five minutes. I...” Read full tasting note
    ashmanra 1828 tasting notes
  • “This was in my goodie bag from the NYC Coffee and Tea festival. I think I otherwise wouldn't buy this flavor. I like mint by itself and when mixed with chocolate or vanilla flavors. Otherwise,...” Read full tasting note
    Mercuryhime 517 tasting notes
  • “Another one for P.E. class (Pu-erh education). Ashmanra hated this one (anemic, weak, cheap). I'll be a bit kinder; it was a middle-o'-the-road mint with a teeeeeeny bit of pu-erhsonality in the...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1718 tasting notes

From Numi Organic Tea

Numi’s rare Mint Puerh is picked from 500 year old wild-crafted, organic tea trees deeply rooted in the remote high mountains of Yunnan, China. The large tea leaves are hand-picked, then slightly oxidized in the sun, resulting in green Puerh with a bright golden hue. Accented with Numi’s signature organic Moroccan Mint, this tea imparts a refreshing, vibrant flavor with a smooth, mellow body and long, sweet aftertaste.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

Ok, its really warm here now so I made this one iced and its great for ice because of the strong mint flavors, also I added a splash of lime for a " mojito tea" and its awesome just as good as the real thing and probably better for ya too, very refreshing in the hot weather :-)

Thomas Edward(Toad)

After I made this I searched online for a mojito tea and found a few, I also found a cucumber mojito that sounds awesome, I think I can do that myself also I must try soon :-)

Alphakitty

This sounded so good that you inspired me to make my own “kind of mojito” iced tea! Cucumber sounds delicious too.

Bonnie

My Lebanese friend mixes mint and basil a lot and I began to do the same. Even mix the two in salads with my greens…much fresher tasting. I’m thinking of trying some of my Middle Eastern herbs, and lemon (tiny bit) for the iced Puer. Like where you’re going

This wasn’t even meh, it was BLEH! I liked Numi’s Emperor Pu-erh but this was positively anemic.

I put three teabags in my 22 ounce Beehouse pot and steeped for a full five minutes. I expected good shu puerh body and favor. I got the taste of mint tea that had been mixed with very very weak cheap tea. It didn’t even taste particularly like puerh!

I think long ago I would have said, “Oh well, I can finish it.” Now I know that life is too short to drink bad tea. This was poured down the drain, and even my puerh-loving friend poured hers out. Ick.

If you are wanting and/or expecting mint tea, you might like this. I didn’t/wasn’t. I wanted puerh with a little mint flavor and that ain’t what I got! Even if I wanted plain mint tea, there are lots of better choices than this.

Do not want.

K S

Your becoming such a tea snob ;) I gave this one away. I would have to go back through my notes to see what I thought beyond too much mint for me.

Kittenna

Hahaha, I’ve decided the same thing! Life is too short to drink bad tea. I’ve been pouring out a fair bit lately, I feel like, but I have so much good stuff to drink that I’d much rather enjoy it! (I still feel like I should at least try to drink the first infusion of something, but will absolutely no longer attempt a second infusion if the first is awful.)

K S: Becoming? LOL!
Kittenna: There you go , girl!

Dylan Oxford

" Life is too short to drink bad tea. "

I said that to Missy a few times on the tea that wasn’t terribly good from our Tropical Tea Co order. She drank it anyway. Well, most of it. Some of it became foot tea.

ashmanra

LOL! Dylan! I didn’t know anyone else did foot tea! Heehee, tell Missy that will be our little secret, just the three of us!

Missy

Woot! glad to see some one else doing it. :D

This was in my goodie bag from the NYC Coffee and Tea festival. I think I otherwise wouldn’t buy this flavor. I like mint by itself and when mixed with chocolate or vanilla flavors. Otherwise, mint and I aren’t really such good buddies. I guess they had to pick a flavor that would be ok for everyone since it was a free sample.

I quite enjoyed this actually. It was a mint tea with a dark earthy base. It is both refreshing and grounding. I wouldn’t buy it, but it was a decent drink to have when you’re traveling and the hotel seems to be passing off sawdust as tea.

The sample also came with $1.50 off Numi Pu-erhs purchased in a store. Don’t know if I’ll be using them since I have no stores near me selling Numi teas. It’s a pretty significant discount though.

ashmanra

I found the Numi compressed puerh brick at a Southern Season but didn’t buy it because it was $22. I fretted over not bringing it home with me, looked it up on the website, and saw that it is only $12.95 there. I could buy two for about the same price as one in the store!

Mercuryhime

The coupon would have been so useless too.

ashmanra

But to have tea so near one’s fingers and have to leave it there…oh, the agony!

ashmanra

Just found out that lots of vitamin and health food stores carry Numi. Hope you saved your coupon!

Mercuryhime

I tossed them but let’s pretend that they expired already anyway. ;)
Thanks thinking of me and letting know!

Another one for P.E. class (Pu-erh education). Ashmanra hated this one (anemic, weak, cheap). I’ll be a bit kinder; it was a middle-o’-the-road mint with a teeeeeeny bit of pu-erhsonality in the background. Made it this morning with the full intention of chilling or icing after half a tumbler (it was past 80 when we woke up) and I liked it enough that it’s going to be gone before ice is needed.

After the first time I tasted this I’d been meaning to go back to it and play around with it a bit. While I liked it, second only to the chocolate among the Numi pu erhs, I wasn’t sure I’d steeped it correctly the first time.

The instructions on the bag seem to suggest it ought to be steeped as a green tea. I found this confusing, because whereas others of the Numi pu erhs do seem to be blends of other teas with the pu erh, this one’s main ingredient is “green pu erh” and its only other ingredient is mint.

So I decided tonight to give it a side by side test in identical glass cups. I brewed one as a green tea, with a 2 minute steeping time and 175 degree water, and the other for 3 minutes with boiling water.

Let me back up for a minute and say that the bags smell quite nice. Very minty, with the barnyardy/leathery scent of the pu erh as almost an accent, keeping the mint from being too candy-like.

The longer, hotter steep yielded a darker liquor; more tawny/tan yellow than the other, which looked very like green tea liquor, a greenish yellow. The aromas were interesting to compare. The longer steep brought out more of a pu erh smell, while the shorter seemed almost like a minty green oolong, with just a hint of the earthy tone of pu erh.

Taste-wise, the comparison came out similarly. They were both nice cups. The longer steep was heartier, and had more in common with the other Numi pu erhs I’ve tried. Leathery, barnyardy, earthy. The mint is a nice contrast to this, a fresh high note that would probably be appealing to people just starting to experiment with pu erhs and those who are looking for a counterpoint to the dark, pungent flavor. The shorter steep was heavier on the mint, thinner on the pu ehr flavor, but tasty in its own right.

The digestive aid properties of this one are not to be underestimated. I felt rumblings in my intestines almost immediately upon starting to sip this…

Cofftea

There’s that strange combo again… mint and pu erh… I can definitely understand why your stomach problem stopped- peppermint and pu erh both are supposed to have digestive aid qualities. Doesn’t work for me though. I if I have those problems I like something light like a raw pu erh, green, or white tea.

Ricky

It’s like vanilla mint pu-erh from Rishi!

My fiance and I went shopping with his mom at Giant today. We found this tea bottled and decided to try it. It wasn’t that bad. It was minty and earthy blended together.

The only thing I’m not sure of is this being an iced tea. I think I would like it better if we got it in the tea bags and had it warm. They also had some other bottled iced tea pu-erh flavor at Giant and I might try some of the other flavors.

It is intriguing and for some reason I keep coming back to pu-erh even though it isn’t my favorite yet. I must like it though.

This is my first puerh tea. I applaud Numi for using a generous 2g of whole tea leaves in each bag. However, I am not a fan of mint tea – it is like drinking tea with gum in your mouth. To my tastes, this would be a much more pleasant drink with none or half the mint although it is not completely overwhelming in this blend. When hot, the tea has a very earthy taste. The earthiness becomes less pronounced as the tea cools. I imagine this is not for everyone but it is an interesting tea. Package contains 16 tea bags.

I like it – it has more “punch” than a regular mint tisane, and you can still taste and feel the puerh, although the mint is the main fragrance and taste. Lovely mint aroma.