Flowering White Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by Jillian

From Numi Organic Tea

Dragon Lily bursts open into an arrangement of superb white tea and stunning flowers. When steeped, sprinkles of osmanthus petals surface and an orange lily blossoms, a mesmerizing display. This translucent liquor imparts a velvety sweet apricot flavor.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

The display of the tea turned out beautiful, as you can tell in the picture above. Everyone in the English department spend time “oohing” and “ahhing” over it as it opened form the tiny bud to during the time while it was steeping the second and third pot full of water. Because I was surrounded by wonderful English people helping and commenting the whole way all of them got to try it, too.

This one started out as a very weak tea (thought admittedly that’s probably my fault for being too enthusiastic and drinking it minute later). It’s a beautiful, but only slightly darker, shade of the one above. It’s a soft, subtle apricot flavor during the early stage. Given anywhere between twenty and forty minutes of steeping it gathers a more obvious but sharp flavor. It’s a good flavor regardless of being either warm or tepid.

All of this done without sugar or milk. Other advice and thoughts; this would be a good tea to sip slowly across an evening while reading a book.

Display: 5
Taste: 3/3.5

second steep was just as good as the first

I am glad I have Bodum cups to watch these teas flower in. I was so excited to finally try these, after every time I passed them by in the store. It takes a little while to finally see them open up, but once they do, it’s quite a sight to see. The flavor is not as strong as I would like, but tastes like a typical green tea. The flowering show was better than the actual brew, but nonetheless I was pleased to have tried them.

Not bad, but nothing too special. Granted, it’s a couple years old, so who knows if it’s lost something between now and then, but I wouldn’t buy it for myself. Just tastes like tea, with a bit of a different flavour which is presumably from the flowers. I also wasn’t a fan of the numerous pieces that floated to the top as I had to scoop them out – hazard of steeping it in a large glass mug with no filter? Going to re-steep in a while so I don’t feel guilty about throwing it out!

Had a cup yesterday – forgot to log. Again, very yummy