Aged Pu-Erh Tea Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by KallieBoo!

From Numi Organic Tea

Puerh is an ancient healing tea known for its medicinal properties and rich taste. Numi’s Organic Puerh comes from 500-year-old, wild, organic tea trees grown in China’s pristine Yunnan Mountains. The maturity of these trees yields a superior tasting tea compared to younger, pruned bushes. Unlike traditional teas that are oxidized for an 8 hour period, Puerh undergoes a unique 60-day fermentation process resulting in a bold, earthy flavor with hints of malt and elevated levels of antioxidants. Puerh can be compressed into bricks and aged, like fine wine, for months, years or even decades. This increases its value, health benefits and premium taste.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

A lovely pu-erh that is available out from a brand name. I love how this tea can be steeped so many times and it gives off flavors ranging from chocolate down to an earthy flavor. Not only it tastes good but its well within a tight budget! A must have for anyone exploring pu-erh or the connoisseur!

Boiling 8 min or more
PRECIOUS WILLIAMS

Yes it’s a fab tea and it was my intro into Puerh

Dark, bitter-ish, soothing, rich…thought it was vile upon first tasting but now craving it

This brick is my favorite out of all Numi’s pu-erhs. It’s mellow, so I sttep it for longer that I typically steep my other pu-erhs. The squares make it easy to control portions.

For a novelty packaged puerh tea from an American company designed to look like an upper end chocolate bar, my expectations were not that high. While they say that it can be brewed 4 times, I would recommend dumping the first brew as it almost made me give up on the tea. The second brew is where things got more interesting as it does indeed have some chocolate flavor notes mixed in with the earthy smoothness that I must admit I was skeptical of upon seeing it in other reviews as that is not common when it comes to puerh in my experience. Overall this is not the greatest puerh but at the same time likely represents a potentially good entry level one for somebody that wants to try one they can pick up locally.

This sintered tea dust puerh block is horrible.

It stinks of fish when steeping, chalky in the mouth. The taste is undeveloped, has no depth, and leaves a grime ring in your cup. The following steeping just becomes thin and displeasing.

This tea does not even rate compared to real puerh from a beeng cha or tuo cha.

Don’t waste the money on this. Seriously.

I’ve tried all the bagged loose leaf Numi pu-erhs and was pretty disappointed, then I came across this chocolate bar brick. I have to say, for the affordable price this is a very decent pu-erh. Pretty mellow, easy drinking taste so it’s a good default pu-erh to have in your cupboard. And I love the chocolate bar presentation, very fun. Worth the price.

Pretty decent tea, first steep was too short for me. Has a nice clean malty taste to it.