Rooibos Tea
Earth
Tea Bag
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by sherapop

From Numi Organic Tea

Grown in the high desert regions of the Cederberg Mountains, the shoots of Rooibos have been hand gathered by South Africans for generations. It is prepared like a traditional tea, undergoing meticulous drying (oxidation) and cutting. Organic Red Mellow Bush has an earthy vanilla taste and pleasing orange color with hints of autumn straw. With an anti-oxidant level comparable to green tea, Rooibos has no caffeine, is rich in minerals, very low in tannin, and is relaxing to the nerves. No wonder they call it the miracle tea. Discover the wonders of Rooibos!

About Numi Organic Tea View company

Had this for the first time just before bedtime, with a couple of Mother’s Tea Cookies (which, for those who don’t know them, are inoffensive, tasty little vanilla sandwich cookies for when you want something sweet that won’t make you go tearing off in quest of chocolate chips or Oreos.)

Well, yum. It turns out I like pure rooibos. At least, I like Numi’s. I was thinking I might have to mix it with some Bengal Spice. And I may still try that sometime, but last night it was just pleasant with milk. I tasted a slight piney/resiny flavor that I didn’t mind at all. (Although, I also like gin and juniper berries used as flavorings sometime, so bear that in mind.)

I left the bag in.

This one was available at work for some reason, so I gave it a try. It’s not as flavorful as the other rooibos I’ve had, and therefore not as interesting… I might recommend it to new drinkers, but nobody else.

My husband told his mom that I was into tea, so she bought whatever she could find from her local grocery store for our visit. This was one of them. It’s actually really nice! It’s still got that earthy quality but it’s very lightly flavored with vanilla. I’ve enjoyed my two cups so far!

Boiling

Very dehydrating and left a bad taste in my mouth.

Very good straight rooibos. No wood taste just smooth earthy vanilla note.

(backlog from 5/29/14)

The liquor of this Numi filterbag-produced rooibos is reddish-brown. Comparing it side-by-side to the Numi Honeybush, I believe that I prefer the rooibos. It’s a close call, though, as I don’t love either.

(Blazing New Rating #11)

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 2 g 9 OZ / 266 ML

I get the ‘earthy’ tones of this tea, but I really don’t taste anything else. This is my firstish rooibos, so I don’t have anything to compare the tea to. I think I had it once before, but it’s been so long I don’t remember the taste.

I may revisit this tea after I have a few others under my belt.

Flavors: Earth

I’ve always thought hay smelled SO good, but I was a bit skeptical when I tore open the bag and smelled a strong, fresh hay smell. I’m still not too sure what I think of this tea, but it’s not exactly horrible, either. It does taste exactly like it smells, though, so if you’re not into hay, this might not be for you. This was also my first Rooibos ever, so I don’t have anything to compare it to in terms of quality. I will be trying this one again to see if I warm up to it.

I have just finished my box of Numi Rooibos and have grown to enjoy it.

I am not too familiar with rooibos teas but for me it was the hay like smell that I had to overcome before drinking this one. I don’t know if that same grassy or hay like smell accompanies other rooibos teas as well. That being said I have had it hot and cold and both are really good. A dark coppery color and a full taste. Good with honey and lemon.

I would recommend this tea to anyone who is curious about rooibos!

For a caffeine free, herbal tea I love it. It has a lot of flavor as long as the directions are followed in terms of brewing time and making sure not to dilute with excess water. I do however get a more licorice flavor from this tea than I do vanilla.