Gunpowder Green Tea

Green Tea
Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by Prakash Panthi

From Numi Organic Tea

Ages before the birth of humanity, when ice still covered the earth, a family of high-mountain Camellia plants thrived. From these, the tea bush traces its noble lineage.
Our whole leaf Temple of Heaven – Gunpowder Green Tea is gently steamed within hours of being plucked, then skillfully hand rolled into small tight pearls. This process preserves its delicate flavor and aroma far longer than other green teas. Steeped in hot water, the leaves unfurl, releasing a well-rounded, full-bodied flavor. Rich in fluoride, calcium, and anti-oxidants – and with very little caffeine – this is a perfect choice to greet the evening.

About Numi Organic Tea View company

I steeped this for 3 minutes.
This is the first gunpowder green tea that I have tasted. It is kind of smooth for a green tea. It is also not very astringent. It has a mild grassy flavor. I also did not taste any bitterness.
This would make a great base tea to combine with mint or citrus. Or great for people who do not like green teas with strong flavor profiles like Dragonwell.

Another pick from the sample pack. This one was nice, but it didn’t seem all that different from other regular Green Teas that I’ve had, which was somewhat disappointing to me, considering the name. I expected something called “Gunpowder Green Tea” to be a bit more… explosive. No, not literally. I like my eyebrows where they are. Let’s just say, I anticipated more of a bite, rather than a lack thereof. All in all, it’s a good tea. Just not as exciting as I expected.

I never buy bagged tea, but I was at a gas station wanting something hot, so I grabbed a bag of this. It was delicious! This is an excellent green tea, and I will probably be buying some loose and some bagged to take along on trips!

This a very pleasing robust green tea…