Taiwan Shan Lin Xi Oolong Tea

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Nuvola Tea - Taiwan Tea Specialties

From Nuvola Tea

Shan Lin Xi Oolong Tea L2014

Shan Lin Xi Oolong Tea is grown at a height of 1600 to 1800 meters(5290ft-5900ft). The substantially tender tea leaves produce a honey-green coloured infusion with a full-bodied texture and an earthy taste. The tea is delicately scented with the flavours of fir and has a soothing effect to the anxious mind.

About Nuvola Tea View company

Holy leaf expansion, Batman!

Saved just a bit of this for the christening of my gaiwan. I was thinking maybe I hadn’t saved enough, but as it turns out, the leaves expanded to fill the entire cup.

I lost track of how many steeps it made around seven. I don’t have much to add to my previous tasting note, but this is an amazing quality oolong! :)

Swoon this tea is heavenly. They had me at “delicately scented with the flavors of fir” though I am wondering if that was done by the tea master or if it was naturally picked up from the mountain air. I didn’t get those notes in the first steep, but I what I did get was sweet creamy smooth oolong, it really reminded me of milk oolong and I thought perhaps that is why I picked it out, but no, just a happy happenstance :)

I think I am getting the fir in the second infusion though. It’s richer and greener and slightly resinous with just a tinge of astringency, but not enough to be at all unpleasant. I love breathing in this cup, I’m getting lost in it. Third infusion is sweet and creamy and pure green mountain oolong. I may have to spend the day with it or at least save the leaves for this evening as I have many other teas to try including two more from Nuvola and a few other Taiwanese teas, but first a few more sessions with this now. Wonderful! Thank you Nuvola Tea

Nuvola Tea - Taiwan Tea Specialties

This is another high mountain oolong tea grown at 1600m – 1800m (5290-5900ft)

Origin of this tea: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=zh-TW&ll=23.71291,120.774336&spn=0.06326,0.077162&t=h&z=14