Organic Okitsugawa Supreme

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by extrarice

Organic Sencha “Okitsugawa Supreme” – From Shizuoka, it is grown near the Okitsu river. A first rate, first harvest, medium steamed green tea, the high quality is obvious from the first sip. As with many organic green teas, it is single estate and is not blended. Harvested from the first round of young spring leaves, it is certified organic. Nitrogen flushed and vacuum packaged, as fresh of an organic green tea as you can get.

About View company

This is definitely a mild, but smooth tea. It’s from the 2010 crop, so that could explain the muted flavor. Mild isn’t bad, but, I’ve had a hard time discovering what it actually tastes like… I’ve used a lot of leaf, or hot water, and/or vice-versa, but so far, what I can say is that it’s good – feels and even tastes a little creamy!

It’s enjoyable, but there are so many other options it’s unlikely I’d consider it again. Not that this matters, O-cha isn’t even currently offering it, as it comes from Shizuoka and there are a lot of fears about teas from this region presently. Eh, I’m not worried about buying tea from there at all . . . I’d say our prayers should be for the people who live in the midst of it and have no choice as to whether to eat or drink from contaminated sources!

true to that!

Great post! I felt pretty much the same about the Warashina Supreme I got from O-Cha — relatively mild; hard to get a full, flavorful cup. I’m thinking its just old crop :(

You’re probably right… just an old crop. There’s nothing at all wrong with it, it just lacks punch or depth.

First impressions: a mild, grassy sencha, light in flavor and color. More detailed notes to come. But so far I like it a lot.