Toyo Mukashi

Matcha Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by SenchaMatcha

• “ok, much better. EXACTLY 1 tsp Toyo Mukashi, EXACTLY 4oz hot water straight out of the water dispenser, AND EXACTLY clean palatte. 3 hours prior to drinking matcha i had some oolong sweetened and...” Read full tasting note
    SenchaMatcha 56 tasting notes
  • “This has been one of my favorite matchas that I have tried. The price is great for 30 g and the taste is outstanding. Very vegetal and tons of umami. No bitterness whatsoever even if you use more...” Read full tasting note
    chelseanick22 14 tasting notes

From O-Cha.com

Uji Matcha Toyo Mukashi
Matcha “Toyo Mukashi” – A high quality thin-type (usucha) matcha from Uji City near Kyoto, Japan. Whether you use this for the tea ceremony or as a source for antioxidants, know that this matcha, as with all of our products, is extremely fresh (we only order as we sell them) and is a quality throughout. We keep this product under refrigeration until shipment.

Net weight 30gm.

About O-Cha.com View company

ok, much better.
EXACTLY 1 tsp Toyo Mukashi, EXACTLY 4oz hot water straight out of the water dispenser, AND EXACTLY clean palatte. 3 hours prior to drinking matcha i had some oolong sweetened and drowned in milk. pretty sure that didn’t influence my taste buds though.
Official flavor: enjoyable, sweet, vegetal… tasted like zucchini soup! velvety and rich.
www [dot] mountaintea [dot] com/blogs/tea/6993384-how-to-taste-tea-the-tea-flavor-wheel <———- this thing is very helpful ;)
i would rate it…
Sweet, slight Floral- perfume, and very vegetal-vegetables-zuchini. and i could be mistaken but i tasted a bit of umami, and earthy-marine. shall keep trying this matcha to see how it tastes. i may change my mind in the future but for now that is what I tasted.

This has been one of my favorite matchas that I have tried. The price is great for 30 g and the taste is outstanding. Very vegetal and tons of umami. No bitterness whatsoever even if you use more than what is normally used for usacha. I think I prefer this one to the kyou mukashi, but in all honesty, both are quite good. You’ll definitely be glad you bought this. Found that 180 degrees was the ideal temperature to get the best flavor out of this matcha.

180 °F / 82 °C 1 tsp 2 OZ / 59 ML