Organic Houjicha 2nd Flush (Japan Kyoto Wazuka) Harvest June 2011 (ITFA - International Tea Farm Alliance)

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by CHAroma

From Obubu Tea

Product description not available yet.

About Obubu Tea View company

Sending some to Azzrian but couldn’t pass up a cup while doing so! Woot!

Azzrian

OH WOW I am excited to get something with a LONG NAME lol
It sounds FANCY! :)

I don’t know why I’ve been drinking this so much. I guess I’ve been it the mood for something toasty. I added a pinch of vanilla honeybush and it took on a vaguely chocolate taste. Vanilla Is awesome.
Oh no! My cup is empty! Time for a refill. :)

I wanted to make this tea over two and a half hours ago, but I’ve had a sleeping kitty on my lap. How could I move and force him to get up when he’s soooo cute? Cutest kitty on the planet!

He must be super tired or super comfortable, because he won’t budge despite my yelling. Why am I yelling? Well, you see, I’m watching 24. If you’ve seen 24, that’s enough of an answer right there. If not, Sean Astin just walked on screen. Without pausing to think, I shouted, “IT’S SAMWISE!!!!!!!!!”

Frodo, my kitty, jolted awake on my lap and then calmly laid his head back down and promptly returned to napping. In case you couldn’t already tell, I’m a wee bit obsessed with The Lord of the Rings. But Frodo didn’t seem fazed by my outburst, so I had to wait him out for another 40 minutes before making this tea.

I can say though that the wait was definitely worth it! The brewed tea aroma is roasty toasty houjicha! Ah, how I love roasted green teas. Oh yum! It’s just so yummy! I’m getting caramel and almond notes, and a bit of milky creaminess too.

This tea is awfully tasty for being nearly one year old. This is renewing my love of houjicha. I’ve been drinking a crappy, minced, bagged version of houjicha lately, and I’ve gotten sick of it. I’d forgotten how wonderful real, fresh houjicha is.

For those of you that haven’t tried houjicha before, GO! DO IT NOW!! BREW PEOPLE BREW!!! But really, try it! It’s nothing like regular green tea. The grassy vegetal flavor is roasted right out of the leaves, and it turns into a soft, mellow, toasted cuppa. Soooo good! Thank you Mercuryhime for yet another amazing tea experience!

Angrboda

That happens to me frequently as well. I can’t even go to the bathroom if there’s a kitty on my lap.

I thought I had posted a tasting note on this a few days ago, but I guess not. This is my second tasting of this tea. It is a really good Houjicha. Sweet and toasty. There is a creaminess to it too.

I’m off to finish my review of this tea for the SororiTea Sisters!

I made this gongfu style so take that into account. I wanted to try it this way as I was trying other teas today like so.

It’s good. I like it. The taste is hard to describe. It’s pleasantly sweet and reminds me of barley. It’s light but with a lingering finish, mostly on the front of the tongue.

While I am trading most of my ITFA teas (not that they’re bad, they have all been great quality! Just not favorites for me), I think I’m going to keep this one. Thankfully the sample is huge in this tea club and it’ll last me near forever :D

I definitely suggest trying it if you get the chance!