Apricot Oolong

Edit tea info Last updated by Shae

3 Images

From Octavia Tea

Amoda Tea Monthly Box – August 2015

A well-balanced flavoured and roasted oolong is hard to come by. This is a perfect pairing – Apricot with the bold roasted character of a dark oolong. This blend is most prominently oolong with understated apricot notes – subtle, yet effective. The blend is rich, smooth and sweet and can be steeped multiple times.

All organic ingredients: Oolong, apricots, natural flavour

Steep It
1 tsp per 8 oz cup
80°-90°C / 185°-195°F
3-4 minutes

From Octavia Tea:

The sweet taste of apricots harmonizes with an exceptional oolong tea to create a rich seduction of the senses. Prized for its antioxidant content and metabolism-boosting properties, the oolong tea used in this blend has a vibrant, deep, rich flavor with notes of fig and warm spice. Subtle notes of dark chocolate whisper gently during this tea’s malty, lingering finish.

About Octavia Tea View company

I just received this gem with a note on it that says:
APRICOT OOLONG – New Tea – Coming Soon!!!
YAY! I love new tea offerings, I have loved what I have tried so far from Octavia, I LOVE Oolong, and I LOVE APRICOT!!!! I’m so excited to be of the first to try this!!!

This is delightfully scented and flavored oolong – the Apricot is perfect! The pairing is lovely! The taste is super yummy! Very Good!

YUM! I really like this Oolong. The apricot flavor is a perfect flavor for Oolong, it brings out some of the natural peach-like tones of the Oolong flavor. Delicious!

The flavor is rich, smooth, and sweet.

I’m not a big fan of roasted oolongs but this was a free sample with my package and I’m in the sampling mood today if no one’s been able to tell :) The dry leaves of this are very dark, typical of roasted oolongs and it contains what looks like dried apricot shavings. Its dry smell is slightly smokey and earthy with apricot. I’m picking up what smells like wet stones, that fresh cold stream moving over a bunch of stones and rocks without moss or algae smell, it’s quite nice. Wet, the leaves lose the apricot smell but everything else stays there, only more pronounced. The infusion is a medium brown color and tastes like grilled apricot, the wet stones, and definitely roasty. The apricot flavors are much lighter than what I was expecting, the oolong takes center stage here, the apricot being a supporting role. As I said, I don’t care for roasted oolongs, but this is a good flavored one, especially if you like to taste more of the tea base than the flavors.

Lovely description! Sounds wonderful!

another from variaTEA and one i was looking forward too, as i do enjoy a good apricot. I’ve fallen out of love with peach but apricot is still a good time for me. Sadly, this one really didn’t have much in the way of flavour for me. it was largely just a toasty oolong with hints of a fruit like taste. No apricot here for me :( drinkable, but not what i wanted or hoped for.

I didn’t get much flavor out of this. The tea leaves smell nice and the tea itself is soothing and wonderful. However, I couldn’t really taste the apricot too much but that wasn’t an issue because the oolong itself is very nice. Smooth on the tongue, very bold in a roasted sort of way. Enjoyable. Disclaimer: I might not have gotten much flavor because I have the sniffles. Still pleasurable to drink.