Grand Earl Grey

Edit tea info Last updated by Meghann M

• “After drinking my cup of Raspberry Lychee tea at Pickwick, I chose a pot of this Grand Earl Grey to have with our meal. They had a delicious array of sandwiches, and the girls and I decided to...” Read full tasting note
    Dragonwellluvr 558 tasting notes
  • “This was the first earl grey I've ever tried so I'm not exactly sure how earl grey is supposed to taste but this was very enjoyable. As with every Octavia tea I've had it never went bitter even...” Read full tasting note
    Jojopie 9 tasting notes
  • “Try as I may, I never seem to be able to taste that citrus-y flavor I was promised. Also, to me at least, the bergamot makes this tea smell like soap or cleaning product. That being said, the tea...” Read full tasting note
    solidtux 7 tasting notes

From Octavia Tea

Earl Grey is a traditional, full-bodied blend of black tea and Mediterranean bergamot. Bergamot is a citrus fruit from southern Italy that lends its flowery-sweet, citrus aroma to this classic tea. Dark and rich, yet smooth and aromatic, our Grand Earl Grey is frequently complimented as the best Earl Grey available!

Our Grand Earl Grey is higher in quality than other Earl Grey teas because, rather than using strong, artificial bergamot flavor to mask poor quality tea, we us pure essential oil pressed from real bergamot citrus fruits to enhance the natural character of an exceptional, Yunnan black tea base.

About Octavia Tea View company

After drinking my cup of Raspberry Lychee tea at Pickwick, I chose a pot of this Grand Earl Grey to have with our meal. They had a delicious array of sandwiches, and the girls and I decided to split three sandwiches three ways. My favorite was a Turkey and Provolone on Marbled Rye with Raspberry Honey Mustard. Wow was it a great sandwich.

The grand earl grey was a nice pot to sip on while enjoying our meal. It had quite a smoky aftertaste, which was not something I expected. I haven’t had a smoky earl before.

We ordered chocolate cherry scones for dessert, served with raspberry jam and clotted cream. OMG….this was the perfect tea with such a sweet dessert. I love how Earl seems to go with just about everything. I may have to pick up some of this, it is so different from other teas I have in my cupboard!

This was the first earl grey I’ve ever tried so I’m not exactly sure how earl grey is supposed to taste but this was very enjoyable. As with every Octavia tea I’ve had it never went bitter even when oversteeped. I tried another earl grey from adagio later on but I didn’t enjoy it as much since it seemed perfume-y and went bitter very easily. Maybe Octavia set my standards too high.

Try as I may, I never seem to be able to taste that citrus-y flavor I was promised. Also, to me at least, the bergamot makes this tea smell like soap or cleaning product. That being said, the tea itself tastes okay and it doesn’t smell as soapy as it cools. I probably won’t buy this again, though. No offense to people who like Earl Grey.