Vanilla Cream

Rooibos Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Kittenna

• “Thanks to *Lynne-tea* for a sample of this one! Your box of stuff totally got lost in my room, and I found it when I moved :) Happy day! Anyhow, this one seemed promising, but ended up being...” Read full tasting note
    kittenna 2494 tasting notes
  • “I haven't really had time for anything but study cards (so here I am?)... I have had this for a couple of months and just recently decided to try it iced. It's a bit creamy with some apple...” Read full tasting note
    lynne-tea 242 tasting notes

From Octavia Tea

Inspired by the scrumptious desserts served at European sidewalk cafés, Vanilla Cream is a smooth, comforting blend of rooibos, sweet vanilla and a touch of chocolate. Also known as red tea, rooibos contains exceptionally high levels of antioxidants and anti-aging properties and is said to relieve stress and anxiety. With just a few calories per cup, Vanilla Cream is an excellent alternative to dessert.

About Octavia Tea View company

Thanks to Lynne-tea for a sample of this one! Your box of stuff totally got lost in my room, and I found it when I moved :) Happy day!

Anyhow, this one seemed promising, but ended up being fairly boring. Woody rooibos with creamy vanilla. I imagine that age and poor storage are to some extent to blame, but I also don’t think I’m a fan of rooibos that’s not heavily flavoured, and vanilla typically isn’t a strong enough flavour for me. It’s reasonable enough to finish, though!

I haven’t really had time for anything but study cards (so here I am?)…
I have had this for a couple of months and just recently decided to try it iced. It’s a bit creamy with some apple flavour hanging about and vanilla just being mellow and not trying to take the stage (as per usual I find with vanilla teas).
This is not too bad. I don’t really find a very strong rooibos base, which is really exciting because I do not really like red rooibos (too woody for me sometimes). Green however is a totally different story.
The more I drink this as I write, the sweeter of an aftertaste I get. Vanilla puddingish with some apple bits skattered throughout. YUM.
Thank heavens for iced tea. It takes less time to make then multiple hot infusions (plus, summer finally arrived. And I’m stuck inside. FREEDOM TOMORROW!)
The flavours just keep getting stronger and stronger. I’m enjoying this a lot. Method was 4 tsp for 4 cups, boiling water, stuck in fridge overnight.

sorry if this note is a little skattered. I think I have cabin fever. Check on me if I don’t post in a few days – it would mean I have drowned in the 1000+ study cards that have surrounded me.

Iced
ScottTeaMan

Lynne, I feel the same way about red rooibos- I don’t know if it’s woody to me, I just don’t like it. ://

If you’re gonna drown, at least drown yourself in the best, most delicious tea you’ve ever had!! :))