Charleston Colonial Tea - Bohea 4 oz

Edit tea info Last updated by kbr182

• “It is a Bohea morning! Loving the smokey notes in this one. I still can't get over how big some of the leaves are. I did end up transferring to a tin, just because I have my doubts about the...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Oliver Pluff & Company

Oliver Pluff & Co. – Bohea 4oz

Description: A black tea blend of pekoe, orange pekoe, and souchong (lightly smoked) tea leaves. Bohea (pronounced “Boo-Hee”) was the most popular tea among the colonial Americans and for a time the word bohea was even substituted as the word for tea in general. In colonial times, this tea was typically a blend of cheaper grade teas, although it was considered a high quality tea.

Notes: Smoky, winey, warm. Lighter smoky flavor than lapsang souchong.

History: In the Boston Tea Party, 1586 chests of Bohea were destroyed.

Size/Weight: 4 oz Loose Tea, sealed in highest quality 100% cotton envelope

Shelf Life: 24 Months

Blended by hand and packaged in Charleston, South Carolina

About Oliver Pluff & Company View company

It is a Bohea morning!

Loving the smokey notes in this one. I still can’t get over how big some of the leaves are. I did end up transferring to a tin, just because I have my doubts about the packaging over the long haul. Definitely an enjoyable tea, even if it is from a touristy source. I feel so colonial!

Usual teapot method.

I did find a downside for me and smokey teas….I am sitting here with a little general morning congestion and I keep getting a whiff of something smokey. Then I have the sudden urge to figure out what is burning when it is just my tea!

The Purrfect Cup

Seems to be going around…I just brewed up a cup from Upton!

TeaBrat

I’m having Bohea this morning too!