The Original Chai Tea Tea Latte Concentrate

Chai Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tamm

• “My sister bought me this a few years ago for Christmas and I liked it. She bought me more last Christmas, and I decided to have some last night. After dinner I wanted something quick and sweet and...” Read full tasting note
    ScottTeaMan 101 tasting notes
  • “I bought this on a whim and it is decent. Not something I usually go for, but good once in awhile. I wish it was a bit spicier but it is overall well rounded in flavor.” Read full tasting note
    mrawlins2 1015 tasting notes
  • “This was the first Chai I ever tasted. That's not saying much, since I've only had two others for reference. I love it. I adore strong tea with milk and honey, and Oregon chai is made for that...” Read full tasting note
    jetflair 9 tasting notes
  • “I discovered this in 1998. Fell in love. I could live on it! ~ Now, in 2013, I wonder if the formula's been changed. My tongue says, "Less flavour; more sugar." The brew seems thinner ... Why is it...” Read full tasting note
    Lexie 6 tasting notes

From Oregon Chai

This is where it all started. Where creation evolved to a higher plane. Where the sweet and spicy blend of black tea, honey, vanilla bean and spices brought perfection to your world. Experience nirvana after every cup – morning, noon or night.

About Oregon Chai View company

My sister bought me this a few years ago for Christmas and I liked it. She bought me more last Christmas, and I decided to have some last night. After dinner I wanted something quick and sweet and this fit the bill.

If you’ve never had it before, this is black tea powder, sugar, dried whole & nonfat milk (why both I ask myself?), dried honey and natural flavors. Now I don’t consider this a true Chai-mainly because of the tea powder. It does have plenty of other delicious flavors, and tastes like a sweet Chai tea. IMO, it is too sweet, and the black tea flavor is there, but not strong enough.

It is a dessert Chai, and that being said was just what I was in the mood for. It is delicious, and quick. I also prepared two other quick teas, so I could watch the 136th Annual Westminster Dog Show! :)) I love dogs (and most animals), and I watch it every year. So, I began preparing two other teas I’ll review later. I spent the next 3 hours watching the competition next to my dog Lotis. :)) More on him later!

Cupped: Tuesday, February 14, 2012.

Reviewed: Wednesday, February 15, 2012.

Boiling 8 min or more
Tamm

The sweetness is what I didn’t care for in this concentrate either. I like my chai on the spicy side! :p

ScottTeaMan

Yeah, but I do like it occasionally as a dessert, but it is not a true tea.

ScottTeaMan

Yeah, but I do like it occasionally as a dessert, but it is not a true tea.

Tamm

Is the black tea powder simply made from grinding leaves? O.o

ashmanra

I missed the dog show, I was busy being eaten by our three rescue puppies. I am hoping hubby will fall in love with one or two of them and let us keep them! :) He needs a new canoeing buddy.

I think so Tamm.

I hope he’ll come around Ash!

This was the first Chai I ever tasted. That’s not saying much, since I’ve only had two others for reference. I love it. I adore strong tea with milk and honey, and Oregon chai is made for that combination. It’s not quite sweet enough for me, so I add sugar or vanilla espresso flavoring syrup. The other chai teas I’ve tried have been way too spicy and harsh for my taste, so I’m guessing this may be mellower than others. In my area most espresso shops offer this on their menu, and it’s a favorite of mine.

I discovered this in 1998. Fell in love. I could live on it! ~ Now, in 2013, I wonder if the formula’s been changed. My tongue says, “Less flavour; more sugar.” The brew seems thinner … Why is it that once a company gets big, the product quality goes down?

This was my first introduction to chai, other than purchasing at STarbucks, etc. In retrospect, after tasting other chais, I find this too sweet and weak for my taste, needs more boldness and spice.

Love this! Better than the Taazo Chai concentrate IMO bc there is less of a peppery taste if you will?

This was the first Chai concentrate that I tried. It is a pretty solid concentrate but I prefer more spice in my chai than what this product offers. It is a pretty mellow blend with lots of honey flavor.