Tulsi Cinnamon Rose

Herbal Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Fuzzy_Peachkin

• “A thousand thanks to *Fuzzy_Peachkin* for the packets of this. Cinnamon and Rose? What a facinating combination, I've never heard of anything like it. First impression, upon tearing open the...” Read full tasting note
    Rosehips 678 tasting notes
  • “There is a new health food store that opened up near my office and they have a HUGE organic tea section. Most of them are bagged, but they all look pretty high end. I was intrigued by the...” Read full tasting note
    fuzzy_peachkin 464 tasting notes

From Organic India

A delicate blend of Rama, Krishna and Vana Tulsi with Cinnamon, Cardamom, Rose Petals and Cassia make a harmonious, healing combination which inspires the senses. With a lovely touch of sweetness, this infusion will warm you.

About Organic India View company

A thousand thanks to Fuzzy_Peachkin for the packets of this.
Cinnamon and Rose? What a facinating combination, I’ve never heard of anything like it.
First impression, upon tearing open the packet, is that this is not a subtle tea. Kablammo! Spicy cinnamon smell!
This is sweet, which surprised me, as I was expecting a spicy taste to accompany the sent of the tea.
The rose is barely detectable, but you do certainly get the cinnamon. The rose just adds a light note into the mix.
Not bad, and certainly not undrinkable, but not destined to become a favorite.
Thank you again Fuzzy_Peachkin!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

LOL! Your reaction was a lot like mine! The only person I know so far who likes this is my coworker who I have a lot of the bags to. Hopefully you like the other teas better!

There is a new health food store that opened up near my office and they have a HUGE organic tea section. Most of them are bagged, but they all look pretty high end. I was intrigued by the combination of Cinnamon and Rose, which is something I’ve never heard of before so I bought this one at lunch.

I laughed when I opened this up because the description describes this tea as “delicate”. I would not describe the aroma or taste as delicate at all! It is strong. You can smell this very far away and my co-workers were remarking on how great it smelled. It reminds me of herbal teas they sometimes give you in spas (not that I’ve really been to many).

I can make out the cinnamon and tulsi immediately. It takes me a while to find the rose in all of this. I couldn’t help thinking “Poor, rose! You’re a little bullied by these other scents and flavors.”

I had intended to leave the bag in my cup (I can be lazy about my tea at work), but the smell and taste got so strong I had to take it out after about a minute. The taste is very sweet and like the aroma, the cinnamon and tulsi take the front seat. Rose is there, but it just adds a light headiness to the tea. It supports the other flavors rather than standing on its own.

Overall, I found this a pleasant sweet tisane, but I don’t think I would have it often and only in small amounts. Tulsi is a bit overpowering! It might be interesting to try iced to see if it mutes the flavors some.

I’ve been thinking about trying everything iced lately! :-) 90 degrees today!