Tulsi Lemon Ginger

Herbal Tea
Lemon Zest
Edit tea info Last updated by Shmiracles

• “Tired of working and tired in general... I have a job interview to prepare for tomorrow and I haven't had much fun all week because I've been so busy. I'm not even sure I want to work with these...” Read full tasting note
    amyoh2 2340 tasting notes
  • “This is the best tulsi-based blend I've tried. Tulsi is a mild enough base that it lets the strong ginger shine, and the lemon serves as a mediator between the mildness and the spiciness of the...” Read full tasting note
    teaqueen 306 tasting notes
  • “unfortunately, now i have a lot of 'tea homework' because i've been drinking tons of new teas but haven't been properly logging many of them. i bought a box of this from the health food...” Read full tasting note
    shmiracles 737 tasting notes
  • “I enjoyed this tea quite a bit. The taste is mostly ginger with a touch of lemon, but there was no heat from the ginger to push this to the "medicinal" side of herbal teas. That said, I'm tempted...” Read full tasting note
    Veronica 675 tasting notes

From Organic India

The excitement of pungent ginger, accented with fresh lemon, is complimented by Tulsi’s spicy flavor and transformative energy. This exotic flavor combination will awaken your senses!

About Organic India View company

Tired of working and tired in general… I have a job interview to prepare for tomorrow and I haven’t had much fun all week because I’ve been so busy. I’m not even sure I want to work with these people so I’m grumpy just thinking about it all. Hoping this cuppa will revive me, herbaly, lemony, gingery. It’s one of my more favored tulsi teas.

OMGsrsly

Fingers crossed!

TeaBrat

thanks :)

Yvonne

Best of luck on your job interview. I hope you get it! ♥

oooh good luck!

This is the best tulsi-based blend I’ve tried. Tulsi is a mild enough base that it lets the strong ginger shine, and the lemon serves as a mediator between the mildness and the spiciness of the two.

Organic India’s rose blend is too sweet, the plain tulsi blend too mild, and the pomegranate green blend is just icky.

This one is perfect.

TeaBrat

I agree on your assessment of the tulsi situation ;)

Memily

Awesome to know! Since trying straight tulsi in a subscription box this month I’ve been keen to sample some more and have been eyeing off this company.

teaqueen

I recommend this company! It’s good stuff. I would just avoid blends with rose or stonefruit.

unfortunately, now i have a lot of ‘tea homework’ because i’ve been drinking tons of new teas but haven’t been properly logging many of them.

i bought a box of this from the health food store.
if you ask me, no other herbal tea can compare to the relaxing qualities of tulsi.
i hope i always have a box of this in my cupboard. always.

I enjoyed this tea quite a bit. The taste is mostly ginger with a touch of lemon, but there was no heat from the ginger to push this to the “medicinal” side of herbal teas. That said, I’m tempted to buy a box of this to keep on hand in case of colds/sickness. With a touch of honey I think this would be a comforting cup for an itchy throat or other general yuckiness.

A very spicy and warming tisane, especially wonderful when you’ve come down with a cold. The combination of ginger and lemon and the naturally spicy holy basil really wake and warm you up.
I couldn’t imagine drinking it any other time but the winter though, which isn’t the tea’s problem, I guess; spicy teas are just more suitable for colder days. :)
Oh, and be wary of over-steeping: the ginger can get overwhelming to the point where I’d consider it undrinkable.

Boiling 8 min or more

It’s got some zest from the Lemon & Ginger, and the Tulsi flavor comes thru. A warm, relaxing cup of tea. This one would be nice if you had a cold and were hanging around the house, reading or staring out the window.

Sipdown (109)

This was a surprise teabag from my first swap with shmiracles!

I’ve got a whole lot of my herbals with me right now because of midterms tomorrow and yep! I feel like I’ve had this for a while and I just never drank it. It smells very strongly of ginger. More ginger than lemon.
It’s a teabag and I actually haven’t had a teabag in so long so… I’m hoping this doesn’t go bitter on me! Does bagged herbals go bitter? Do they steep in boiling water? Dude. I am so new to the world of teabags okay.

Okay. So I like stuck it into boiling water and just bounced the bag up and down till I got the colour I wanted and it took like 10 seconds wow. And just 10 seconds, SO MUCH FLAVOUR. Teabags are weird, man.

But tastes a smidge like the middle between David’s Super Ginger and La La Lemon. Just so much lemon and so much ginger in one tea. It’s a bit overwhelming.

This was one of my first from Organic India when I mainly wanted to try them for health benefits. Lemon, ginger, and tulsi is a dynamite combination as a digestive tonic/medicinal tea. Perfect pick-me-up for those plain old “blech” days where you don’t want to go to work or whatever.

I enjoyed this tea. It smelled almost like licorice before I steeped, but tastes spicy and gingery with a little lemon. It almost has a mint aftertaste; I could see this being a good drink if I wasn’t feeling well.

Not my favorite of the Tulsi teas, but spicy and warm.