Wedding Green Tea

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by srtasabelocasi
195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

• “Can't find a description of this one; could be on their website, but since my knowledge of Korean is nonexistent... Dry, it looks like a party and smells like fruit punch. Decently long green...” Read full tasting note
    gmathis 1766 tasting notes
  • “The moment I opened the package, a strong scent of fruity grape overcomes me. It took me awhile to identify the scent.. is it some berry scent? or is it pomegranate? After a moment i concluded it's...” Read full tasting note
    jacqqqqq 3 tasting notes
  • “For me this tea was not as exciting as the Orchid Green Tea from the same brand. Granted, the leaves (green tea, cornflower, marigold and bits of rose petals) are high quality and they're very...” Read full tasting note
    srtasabelocasi 27 tasting notes

From O'Sulloc

A blissful floral green tea blend filled with the sweet aroma of golden marigold, pink rose, cornflower petals.

About O'Sulloc View company

Can’t find a description of this one; could be on their website, but since my knowledge of Korean is nonexistent…

Dry, it looks like a party and smells like fruit punch. Decently long green leaves with calendula and cornflowers and pink things and fruit bits and other happy things.

No directions; gave it a three minute steep at a just-cool-enough-to-do-green temperature, and ohhh! Sweet fruitiness. Candy. Been a long time since the last one that made my eyes roll back in my head due to its sheer decadence.

This one was, literally, buried treasure. Had been in the basket for two years, unopened. But due to decent packaging (foil pouch inside fancy cardboard “tin” inside cellophane) it retained first-day fresh quality…or if had lost quality, wowie kazowie, it must be beyond superlative when it’s new.

First experience with O’Sulloc anything; they appear to operate without many U.S. outlets. Further research pending. This is too good to drink once and let go.

Veronica

That sounds amazing!

ashmanra

Oooooooo. Drool.

The moment I opened the package, a strong scent of fruity grape overcomes me. It took me awhile to identify the scent.. is it some berry scent? or is it pomegranate? After a moment i concluded it’s a grape scent, but strange thing was, grape was not a part of this tea! I was not expecting such a sweet fruity scent but since I generally enjoy fruit infusion tea, I really liked it. When dry it’s a light brown tea leaves with strands of cornflowers inside a triangle tea bag. When I brew it, the fruity grape scent remains just as intense and it filled the whole room with it’s beautiful fragrance. In my humble opinion, it’s not possible to over-brew this tea.. even if i soaked it in the teacup for a prolonged period, the darkest it gets is a light golden brew…

This is not a sweeten tea, but when I drink it, i felt there was a subtle hint of sweetness (most likely from its scent) with a touch of dry mouthfeel from the green tea. Very unique and enjoyable blend. Highly recommended!

195 °F / 90 °C 8 min or more

For me this tea was not as exciting as the Orchid Green Tea from the same brand. Granted, the leaves (green tea, cornflower, marigold and bits of rose petals) are high quality and they’re very pretty to look at whether dry or steeped. However, I felt like the fragrance was a little too all over the place. It smells like a mixture of bunch of flowers and fruits that I can’t pinpoint which sort of note, and to my taste it didn’t go well with green tea leaves. Somebody titled this “Korean Wedding Green Tea” but this is just a Wedding green tea blend and the flower petals used in this blend are not traditionally Korean culinary ingredients.