Chocolate Orange Bliss

Edit tea info Last updated by TeaEqualsBliss

From Ovation Teas

Black tea blended with cacao nibs, orange peel, and safflowers with chocolate and orange flavoring.

About Ovation Teas View company

This tea has a nice strong tea base and a very tasty citrus presence. It is perhaps because of the rich tea base and full flavor profile of the zesty orange that the cacao is much more of an afterthought. It does show up more in the finish/aftertaste. However, in order for me to fall in love with it then it would need a stronger cacao/chocolate presence. Still an enjoyable cuppa though.

Beautiful tea blend! This was a sample that I stumbled upon! Delicious. I love the orange bits.
The chocolate was great and well blended. The orange was not very overpowering which is a plus. It got bitter towards the end.

The dry and steeping leaf smell so amazing! Just like a freshly unwrapped Terry’s orange, or maybe like the dark chocolate covered candied orange rind a local chocolate company does (Seriously, though. They’re so amazing. Kind of turned me into a chocolate/ornage candy snob though).

I’m finding the liquor itself has a quite strong base. Almost too much so while hot. The orange only really comes out in the aftertaste and the chocolate isn’t really present. I could believe this was unflavored if it weren’t for that sweet ornage-y aftertaste.

As the tea cools the flavors come together in the sip a lot better. The chocolate still isn’t incredibly forward, but what’s there tastes like a more natural chocolate than a lot of others I’ve tried. It also doesn’t leave an oily film or anything of that sort, so those are definitely points in its favor.

Thanks for the large sample Dustin. I look forward to trying this one as a latte.

Boiling 3 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML

Brewed to long slight bitter aftertaste. Try knocking down brew time about a minute.

I haven’t quite gotten the hang of this tea yet. I have tried it hot and cold brewed now and either way it still has this uneven edge to the taste that turns me off just a little. I love chocolate and orange, and I get that in every sip, but it just doesn’t balance out as well as other chocorange teas I have had. I bought a pound of it during Ovation’s closing sale, so I’ll have plenty of it around for a while to try brewing different ways in the hopes of a better cup.