Brown Sugar Fig Black Tea

Black Fruit Blend
Edit tea info Last updated by SimplyJenW

• “I tried this one with a little lower steep temperature this time since the assam seems to have a bit too much bite for my tastes. I love the concept behind Ovation Teas but I'm not sure if I'm in...” Read full tasting note
    dinosara 2007 tasting notes
  • “Next time I steep this, I shall have to remember to reduce the steep time, as the Assam in this does have a bitter bite to it. The fig is very dominant in the dry leaf aroma, but less apparent in...” Read full tasting note
    LiberTEAS 4550 tasting notes
  • “Thank you yssah for this one! This is an interesting tea. I am not really familiar with the flavor of figs (I'm also terrified of them since they can essentially eat bees, no not the part about...” Read full tasting note
    pandamanda 1212 tasting notes
  • “Hmm. This one is puzzling. I am on my second pot of this, and I really don't know what to think of it. When I think of figs, I think of something sweet like raisins. Brown sugar, well, I think...” Read full tasting note
    SimplyJenW 974 tasting notes

From Ovation Teas

Blend of Assam and Ceylon loose leaf black teas with diced figs and brown sugar flavoring.

About Ovation Teas View company

Whee! I got new tea in the mail from SimplyJenW today! I couldn’t wait to try this one, so we served it at tea party just an hour after it arrived.

The dry leaves smelled AWESOME! I love that scent. The tea smells sweet and the fig adds a wonderful note that is both a high fruity note but is warm at the same time. I really, really like this! No additions, and I really must finish the pot so I can stop sitting here sniffing it and move on to other things! No additions…this is too good just as it is.

Thank you, Jen!

SimplyJenW

I must not have had any clue what flavor to be looking for!

Dinosara

Mmm, can’t wait until I’m back in the states and can get my sample of this as well! :D

This was a sample from the lovely SimplyJenW! Thanks a bunch!

Overall, this tea was pretty much right up my alley! The aroma of the brown sugar and figs really takes this tea and makes it into something a bit special. I tried the tea sans additions and it was just okay. But making a tea latte by adding milk and sugar really suits this one! Delicious, sweet, and creamy! Thanks again Jen!

It smells nice dry. The flavour is a little brown sugar, and kinda like maple. I mostly taste the black tea. It was good with my fig oatmeal.

Pro: strong flavor. Con: needs milk to cut the bitterness.

The fig comes across very strongly in this tea’s aroma and taste. If you love fig, this is the tea for you! Unfortunately, I don’t think I do and it took this tea to figure that out.

The black tea base is complementary to the flavorings. I’m not getting much in the way of brown sugar here. I think the fig overpowers it, so I added my own sweetener.

This was my first Ovation Tea experience, and it was a good one to start with. The high quality of their teas definitely comes through.

Thank you, SimplyJenW, for giving me the opportunity to try this! I was hesitant to order from Ovation Tea since they don’t sell small samples. But now I can be confident that the money I spend will be worth it. Thank you! :)

Thanks Yssah for this one. I’m agreeing with the other people that recently got teas from the huge liquidation sale from Ovation. I feel like this needs to sit awhile so the flavors can really get into the tea since right now all I am really tasting is the assam and a hint of fig. The assam is good but I just want more fig and I am not getting much from it right now. Think I will give it a week or two and try it again.

This is actually my second try at this one; the first time I steeped it for 3 minutes and it turned out VERY bitter. I also wasn’t sure how I felt about the flavors – I think fig and brown sugar sound better in theory than in practice.

At 2 and a half minutes, the base wasn’t too strong, but it wasn’t anything else either – completely flavorless. Bleh.