Assam Golden Tip

Edit tea info Last updated by Jason

• “Mixed with Teavivre Red Rocks. It was pretty tasty. Sadly the last of this container. May have to get more, as this makes great milk tea.” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1738 tasting notes
  • “I had the bagged version of this at Houston Hobby Airport today on the last leg of the journey home. There were 2 bags in my 20 ounce cup. I generally would leave the bags in when I get them from...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 540 tasting notes
  • “This is another tea I got in a trade with *Spencer*. I made it iced and lightly sweetened in one large batch to share with my brother. The leaves are very dark for a golden tip. And they were...” Read full tasting note
    tabby 485 tasting notes
  • “Assam Golden Tip by Peet's: one of my new favorites, this tea has a wonderfully bright flavor. The flavor can be best described as the essence of black tea itself: toasty, round and bright. ” Read full tasting note
    Serenity1 47 tasting notes

From Peet's Coffee & Tea

A rich, full-bodied, malty, and pungent cup; excellent with milk.

About Peet's Coffee & Tea View company

I had the bagged version of this at Houston Hobby Airport today on the last leg of the journey home. There were 2 bags in my 20 ounce cup. I generally would leave the bags in when I get them from coffee places like this, but after about 5 minutes I could tell that it would get way too strong so I pulled them out.

This was good. I liked it quite a bit. Well enough in fact to go to the hassle of taking it on the plane. Mostly I just throw away whatever I haven’t finished by the time the plane boards so I don’t have to juggle it while putting luggage away and getting settled.

This is another tea I got in a trade with Spencer. I made it iced and lightly sweetened in one large batch to share with my brother.

The leaves are very dark for a golden tip. And they were really crushed up. Not by fault of the trade, going through the mail, or whatever. This was very uniform, as if the leaves had been shredded tiny before being processed. Or during the process, I’m not sure.

It’s slightly astringent, but not bitter even after almost five minutes. A little malty, with an aftertaste that makes me think of cheap tea bags for some reason. Kinda average as far as Assams go, nothing really stands out about it to me. But it packs a nice punch of caffeine.

Assam Golden Tip by Peet’s: one of my new favorites, this tea has a wonderfully bright flavor. The flavor can be best described as the essence of black tea itself: toasty, round and bright.

I ordered this today at the Harvard Square location of Peet’s. Sadly, I was disappointed. I had looked on Steepster and it had pretty good reviews but my cup was bitter and astringent to the point of not being drinkable. I only steeped the leaves 3-4 minutes. I looked into my little teapot that they use to serve the tea and I think that maybe there was too much tea…the store was busy and maybe the barista was not paying attention? My husband’s tea (Lapsung) was fine. He had maybe 1/2 the leaves in his teapot. I drank two sips and had to throw the rest out….I wish I could give this a better rating but for drinking as it was served was terrible…

ScottTeaMan

Harney & Sons has a nice Assam Golden Tip.

O.M.G. This is like liquid heaven. I like this tea like I like my men: strong and hot. Maybe brew it with Smart Water—I like my men intelligent. Okay, back on topic. Take this with cream and brown sugar. I’m not a coffee drinker in the mornings—but when I need a strong jolt of caffeine, I’ll head over to Peet’s for a cup of Assam Golden Tip. Sometimes I’ll mix Assam Golden Tip with their Peppermint blend for a nice minty kick.

kaypendragon

Oh – I never thought to use brown sugar – I bet that would be great!

Brings back memories.
My last bag from the gift set.
Strong flavored, Tasty.

This is a flavorful blend of golden tips Assams that’s excellent for morning drinking, but be careful when gauging brewing time! Three minutes is almost too long.

Good tea, pretty basic. Can be oversteeped real quick. NO MORE THAN 3 MIN!!! great in the morning.

I received a tea bag of this as a gift. Wow! This tea was incredibly fragrant and delicious.

I opened the tea bag and poured the leaves into my infuser. It stood up well to a splash of milk and a dose of sugar, and I loved every drop. I guess I need to look into Assam teas!