Holiday Breakfast Blend

Edit tea info Last updated by Dinah Saur

• “I am not too terribly fond of this tea, but it was a gift, and it is decent tea, so I shall drink it. That said, it might be one of the few teas I consume with a bit of milk.” Read full tasting note
    morvaltur 1700 tasting notes
  • “This blend changes every year. I have an older blend in my drawer right now, which I like very much. Rich, a little smokey and a little spicey. Mostly just a nice rich tea though.” Read full tasting note
    Zyriel 8 tasting notes

From Peet's Coffee & Tea

There’s a fragrant, layered quality to this cup, with hints of roasted nuts, apples, honey, and fresh flowers. Then of course the taste: brisk, balanced, honey-sweet and satisfying.

We spend all year sourcing special black teas for Holiday Breakfast Blend, as every year produces certain teas that are unique and unusual. The winey, sweet and pungent flavor comes from Darjeeling tea – this year’s blend contains Jungpana Estate that we’ve reserved from 2010. Additional Darjeeling and floral-toned Sikkim teas came with the new crop shipment, which arrived the second week of October. The blend’s smooth and creamy mouthfeel is the result a select lot of Keemun held in reserve since last year, enhanced with additional new crop tea from elsewhere in China.

Holiday Breakfast Blend is in sum a rich, aromatic, and slightly sweet cup with layers of complexity; big enough to take milk and sugar, refined enough to enjoy unadorned. It’s a blend that reflects the best lots of the year in a cup, crafted for enjoyment during the cold season.

About Peet's Coffee & Tea View company