Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Raven

• “Okay - so after receiving my KaiMatcha and tasting that amazing flavour - I was craving more of it! Just one sniff of the dry leaf of this great quality Gyokuro was enough to know that this would...” Read full tasting note
    DaisyChubb 504 tasting notes
  • “BIG Thank you to Pekko tea for this very generous sample. The dry leaf smells beautiful, very rich. When I added water to the leaves it was such a lovely thing to watch. The tiny leaves are a very...” Read full tasting note
    BoxerMama 171 tasting notes

From Pekko Teas

Country of Origin: China
Region: Zhejiang Province
Grade: Gyokuro – Made to Japanese specifications
Altitude: 500‟ – 1500‟ ft. above sea level
Manufacture Type: Shade grown and steamed green tea
Cup Characteristics: A full flavored green tea that has a satisfying light refreshing character. Tending pleasantly
vegetative with some briskness.
Infusion: Very bright
Luxury Ingredients: Green tea

About Pekko Teas View company

Okay – so after receiving my KaiMatcha and tasting that amazing flavour – I was craving more of it!
Just one sniff of the dry leaf of this great quality Gyokuro was enough to know that this would cure my umami craving.

I made a huge 40oz pot of it (huge because I was all by myself lol) and starting drinking it like it was going out of style. Oh my – so savoury. It tasted like fresh green grass, but it wasn’t at all bitter. There was a slight astringency at the end of the sip – but oh so slight (I brewed at 175 for 2 mins!)

The scent was so fresh and summery – this is a very special tea. I can’t wait to try the method of brewing with just the tea leaves and icecubes. That concentrated flavour is exactly what I’m craving!

TheTeaFairy

the ice method is one I have yet to try…must say it does intrigue me but for some reason, I never bring myself to do it!

BIG Thank you to Pekko tea for this very generous sample. The dry leaf smells beautiful, very rich. When I added water to the leaves it was such a lovely thing to watch. The tiny leaves are a very deep green and as they settled the water appeared to be a light mint green. It’s steeping now and turning a mild golden colour. The tiny leaves expanded quite a bit.
Cleary this is a delicate tea. Steeped 2 minutes at 80 degrees it has come out slightly bitter. But the vegetal taste is still very rich. Very nice tea!