PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

I met PG Tips black tea about seven years ago through an English friend. You cannot find it in a shop in my country, that’s why since then I always ask anyone who travel to Britain to get some for me. I’ve bought it online the past years and it’s definitely my favourite English Breakfast tea. Is a strong one and I use to add a little milk on it.

Nearly instantaneous comfort, this is the kind of tea I grew up on. Sure I may be bad at math and far from robust, but don’t blame tea. Holds its own with milk, peeg as I like to call it is best brought to you in bed. It helps part the cobwebs from dreams and starts you on your tea filled day’s journey.

This is a great, simple tea.
Delicious with milk and sugar.

Another good tea from the “bagged” tea world. When compared to other bagged teas this is a real champion. Consistent mouth-feel, flavor, color, and very easy to brew. I have had worse loose teas.

I would describe it as (and in all cases mildly) caramel, floral, and barky. It has that general “black tea” taste. That was not “generic” it was general.

Worth keeping in the cupboard, cuz sometimes you just gotta have a quick cuppa.

My standard cup of strong black tea, with a splash of milk. My go-to “I don’t want to have to make a decision about tea” cuppa tea. Yum.

This has been my favorite tea since I first discovered there was life away from the Lipton my family buys religiously. I like mine steeped for the full three minutes, but I also like ridiculously strong tea.

I love having basic black tea on hand because sometimes I just want something tried-and-true. Usually I drink Red Rose, but I decided to snap up a box of PG Tips because I had heard good things. This tea does not disappoint! Even in bags (which are pyramid-shaped to allow the tea leaves more room to move around) the tea ends up very flavorful and delicious. I love it! Definitely a good thing to have on hand.

Something I’d drink every morning, here it’s so easy for me to get these it’s very usual to drink it. It’s just a nice cup of tea. Don’t steep for too long, it is perfect for around 1 min.

This is my standard everyday office pick me up black tea. I keep a huge box at the office ( a very special thanks to Aunt Cheryl who brings it back from England for me)

I grew up with Lipton’s—it’s what my mother always had in the cabinet and I was never a big fan. I tried this tea, and it suits me much better. Is a milder taste, but still rich.

I have to be careful to watch the steep time and not forget about it. It can get very pretty quickly, to where I have to add in more water to make it drinkable. It does just fine with the hot water from the office water cooler as well.

I will be a customer for life.

A really good bagged black tea, probably the best of the supermarket teas. Doesn’t get bitter. I know women who make a pot of this, drink some while it’s hot, leave the bags in and then microwave subsequent servings — and it’s still decent. Not too much Assam, so other flavours play out. Not fancy, but not to be despised, either.