PG Tips

Sawdust, Cocoa, Malt, Smooth, Earth, Grass
Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

• “I finally got a box of this last evening. So though I typically like to brew a pot of loose leaf tea on weekend mornings, and I just got several other fun teas from Tealuxe, I was excited to start...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 826 tasting notes
  • “Two cups this morning first thing. Take my daughter to preschool for her first full day then come home to enjoy one of my last lazy mornings before I start work tomorrow. Third cup with a buttery...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “So, I’ve stopped just logging my teas if I don’t have anything new to add to because then my log would get a bit out of hand. So don’t think I’m not drinking my tea,...” Read full tasting note
    teafiend 61 tasting notes
  • “We had an English pub open up right down the street from us less than a month ago. I stopped by there this evening after dropping the husband off at the airport. We’ve been there twice before...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 752 tasting notes

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

Love this one in the morning, sometimes with a little sugar. But it doesn’t need it, I just do to wake me up some. :-)
It has a nice clean taste, even after steeping until it’s dark, I can’t taste much tannins. A good staple to have on hand, good for bagged tea and you can usually find it at a good price.

Are you paying attention, Lipton? Excellent with lots of milk and raw sugar.

This is divine. Strong flavor that holds its own with milk. It is extremely comforting and satisfying.

Tasted like sawdust mixed with poor quality black tea.

Flavors: Sawdust

185 °F / 85 °C 3 min, 30 sec 3 g 7 OZ / 200 ML

In between all the fancy and exquisite teas, there has to be a place for a good, reliable, no-brainer tea. I discovered this on a recent trip to Scotland and can’t go back to any other basic black tea. I use one pyramid bag to 16 oz. boiling water and let it steep for at least four minutes before I pour my first cup. Milk and sugar or sweetener enhances the flavor.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 16 OZ / 473 ML

Este té me encanta, solo o con leche y normalmente lo preparo con agua de canela.
Me gusta más que el famoso Twinings.

I thought a new personal review of this tea was needed since PG Tips sort of did a ‘new Coke’ last year. Early in 2015 PG Tips reduced the size of their tea bags from 3.1g to 2.9g. To compensate for this minor reduction and still achieve the same great taste the blend was slightly changed. I must say they did a good job of hiding the change. The tea still brews up into that nice malty/cocoa flavour. The only difference I taste is a slight bitterness if it is over steeped. Otherwise this is the same great cuppa it always has been.
A classic Assam, Ceylon, and Kenyan English tea.

Flavors: Cocoa, Malt, Smooth

Boiling 4 min, 15 sec 3 g 7 OZ / 207 ML

Love this! Replaced my morning coffee. I add milk to this tea and it keeps me wide awake.

I’ve been meaning to try this one for a while now. I have seen enough BBC television show sets and read enough modern British lit to know that this is the working Englishman’s go-to tea. Also, my boyfriend works with a Scot, an Irishman, and several English people and they have all introduced him to it. “It’s the OG tea,” he told me. “You’ll like it.”

I brewed it up this morning in my purple butterfly fine china teacup with a dash of skim milk. I like the uniqueness of the sachets— it’s a pyramid shape made of meshlike paper— ideal for allowing the water to hit the leaves completely.

The tea liquor was a reddish-brown color, which looked delicious mingled with the opaqueness of the milk. It almost looked pink!

It held its own against the milk very well, flavor-wise. It tasted… strong. Like, it tasted like it could bench 450 lbs. Smooth, not astringent, lots of room to add whatever you want to it— milk, sugar, honey, lemon, etc.

Found my new go-to for Builder’s Tea.

keychange

Oh yeah, everyone needs a non-fussy strong tea in their life, that’s for sure.

teaqueen

Plus we found it in the English Food section of the store, so I felt all worldly and stuff buying it. :D

This is my usual Go To Tea for when I do not want any added flavors. I enjoy the richness! I drink tea usually iced but enjoy this warm with milk & honey also.