PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

OLD SCHOOL BABY. I get this from the British food section at Wegman’s. It wakes me up nicely for early-morning blogging and writing sessions. I drink it with milk and sugar. Like I said, old school. :-)

Amazon last year had an incredible sale where i got about 2600 bags of this tea for about $8 total no tax free shipping. This tea is much better than lipton. This tea is also stronger than lipton. I make a lot of iced tea at work and if you throw in about 6 bags of this into making 3 quarts of tea you get some pretty slurry tea. you’ll get some serious work done.

Love this one in the morning, sometimes with a little sugar. But it doesn’t need it, I just do to wake me up some. :-)
It has a nice clean taste, even after steeping until it’s dark, I can’t taste much tannins. A good staple to have on hand, good for bagged tea and you can usually find it at a good price.

Are you paying attention, Lipton? Excellent with lots of milk and raw sugar.

This is divine. Strong flavor that holds its own with milk. It is extremely comforting and satisfying.

The BEST everyday tea on the PLANET. Full of flavour, character and I could easily pick this out blindfolded. Excellent value for money, if you like a strong cuppa or even if you don’t, one bag goes a long long way!

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML

BLERG. My allegies have hit something fierce, even though I’m taking allergy pills every day. A combination of cat and springtime is killing my senses. Ughhhhhhh.

That said, I filmed an episode of Coronation Street on Friday, and it went really well. I do hope they invite me back to reprise my role sometime. I can’t say much more because spoilers, but hopefully I won’t forget to check when it’s on! Anywho. Hoovered about 5 cups of this throughout the day, and as far as basic tea goes, I do prefer it to some. It’s quite strong, so to be honest I only brew it for a minute while stirring my sugar in and then dump the bag. It’s not got that sort of cardboard taste you get with some basic black teas that I find really blech. It’s pretty strong and smooth.

Also, on an almost totally unrelated note, yesterday was Gentleman’s birthday party, and along with the vegetable lasagne and roast and vegetables and salad and garlic bread and everything, I made a Doctor Who Death To The Daleks quarry cake. It was a dark chocolate and tonka bean sponge sandwiched with tonka bean buttercream, enveloped in dark chocolate ganache, and scattered with a cascading landslide of cornflake-marshmallow cookie crumb soil, and the TARDIS and a small army of Daleks dotting the landscape. I’m stupidly proud of this thing.

Yep.

Christina

Congratulations on your guest spot! I don’t watch Corrie, but my mother-in-law does. I wonder if the episodes air at the same time in both countries? Also, that cake sounds delish.

carol who

What a cute cake! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sipdown. Finally!

There’s not too much that can be said about this – a pretty decent English brew. Drank with green milk and a sugar, and chosen because of it’s plainness as my last cup of caffeinated tea for the day. This was the last bag from a box of 160, and has been the last bag for a while – the box went down a lot quicker initially than it did towards the end, as I expanded my range of loose-leaf teas. Actually, by the end of it, I think my partner drank more of it than I did.

Probably won’t purchase again, unless I’m in a pinch money-wise, because I have (in my opinion) some better teabags courtesy of Rington’s which I choose over these if I want a plain cup of bog-standard builder’s brew.

This particular cup was more earthy than I remembered from plain old PG tips, with a tiny bit of a fishy taste at the end of the sip that I don’t much care for. An average cuppa for an average night, and not a sipdown that I’m sad about.

adagio breeze

Green milk?

Nattie

Yeah, I realised that sounded weird after I posted it haha. By green milk I meant milk with a green lid, i.e. semi-skimmed, or 2% milk.

Eh…my buddy from England raves about how good this tea is, so I stole one of his tea bags while he was gone. I brewed it relatively modest for a black tea. It was ok…definitely a bit bitter, even with a sugar-in-the-raw packet. Nothing special; tasted like a typical teabag to me. Maybe a little better quality than most of the tea bags I’ve had in my time. But still pretty average. Was picking up hints of a napkin-fabric taste…don’t know if it was from the fibers of the tea bag or not..?

180 °F / 82 °C 2 min, 0 sec 0 OZ / 0 ML

As good as any basic black tea could get! I decided to pick this up on a whim at our local World Market just because I’ve heard it’s the “perfect daily cuppa.” I’ve had “better” teas before, yes, but I think this does a wonderful job of being consistently wonderful. It’s a great thing to have on hand when you want something warm in your belly, and, with some milk and stevia, it’s my favorite everyday brew.