PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

• “I finally got a box of this last evening. So though I typically like to brew a pot of loose leaf tea on weekend mornings, and I just got several other fun teas from Tealuxe, I was excited to start...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “Two cups this morning first thing. Take my daughter to preschool for her first full day then come home to enjoy one of my last lazy mornings before I start work tomorrow. Third cup with a buttery...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “So, I've stopped just logging my teas if I don't have anything new to add to because then my log would get a bit out of hand. So don't think I'm not drinking my tea, I'm just being lazy about...” Read full tasting note
    teafiend 61 tasting notes
  • “We had an English pub open up right down the street from us less than a month ago. I stopped by there this evening after dropping the husband off at the airport. We've been there twice before and I...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 582 tasting notes

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

Amazon last year had an incredible sale where i got about 2600 bags of this tea for about $8 total no tax free shipping. This tea is much better than lipton. This tea is also stronger than lipton. I make a lot of iced tea at work and if you throw in about 6 bags of this into making 3 quarts of tea you get some pretty slurry tea. you’ll get some serious work done.

Love this one in the morning, sometimes with a little sugar. But it doesn’t need it, I just do to wake me up some. :-)
It has a nice clean taste, even after steeping until it’s dark, I can’t taste much tannins. A good staple to have on hand, good for bagged tea and you can usually find it at a good price.

Are you paying attention, Lipton? Excellent with lots of milk and raw sugar.

This is divine. Strong flavor that holds its own with milk. It is extremely comforting and satisfying.

40 degree temperature drop overnight plus the first day back at work after a lovely week-and-change off…need the heavy stuff today.

As preferences and tolerances change, I don’t consider this to be the strongest tea in my cupboard these days—there are others with more boot and more bite. But it’s sturdy and black; takes milk well and warms your reluctant bones. Who could ask for more.

This is just a standard, everyday kind of tea. It’s the second-favorite of the bagged imports I’ve bought. It’s good, strong, and consistent.

Some nights a strong brew of PG Tips with too much sugar and more milk than normal is just the way through. Clearly, this is one of those nights.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 3 g 12 OZ / 354 ML

Not the best tea to have, the taste is not good enough compare to other tea companies with the same kind of tea, just a cheap tea and maybe not bad as an occasional tea.

0 min, 15 sec 1 tsp

This isn’t a subtle tea, or a nuanced one. It doesn’t taste like sweet potato or chocolate or freshly baked bread. It just tastes like tea. As others have noted, PG Tips really is England’s Lipton—albeit a bolder, deeper version. It really is quite strong—my general stance is the more kick the better, but this one can be a bit much even for me if steeped too long. This has been my wakeup beverage of choice lately, and it’s just the thing for those fuzzy early mornings (and really, when are early mornings any other way?) when you’re not aware enough to appreciate a more refined (or pricey) tea and just need a serious caffeine infusion ASAP.

The BEST everyday tea on the PLANET. Full of flavour, character and I could easily pick this out blindfolded. Excellent value for money, if you like a strong cuppa or even if you don’t, one bag goes a long long way!

Boiling 6 min, 15 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 250 ML