PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

A nice black tea. It was recommended to me by a half-British woman, who lives in the US, because it’s one of her favorites. And it doesn’t disappoint. The tea has a smooth flavor, and a decent pick-me-up from caffeine. It’s a nice tea for breakfast.

I prefer tea plain, and PG tips can stand on its own when plain. The box recommends trying sugar, honey, milk, or lemon. I still need to experiment on that front.

PGTips has to be the most all-round well-made, durable tea of all time. it puts up with whatever you throw at it (although i prefer to stop steeping around 3-4 minutes) and keeps on going. even iced, this tea is just the nummiest. add a TON of sugar and you’ve got sweet tea that would make a southern belle smile! now, pardon me while i go have me a cuppa…

This tea is really nothing fancy but it is delicious all the same. I like it steeped for about a minute and a half. Two minutes is fine too, but any longer than that and the tannins take over. I then sweeten it with a 1/4 tsp of sugar and a splash of whole milk.

Currently my favorite black tea. I like to let it steep for a little while because I like my tea kind of strong. Also good with milk and sugar, but I prefer it straight.

much much better than Lipton, quite enjoyable with milk. Perfectly fine but not extraordinary.

Maybe slightly better than the teas you get served on an airplane, PG Tips offers the standard CTC tea. Kinda hard to mess up.

Best with milk and sugar.

So far, my second favorite tea; Barry’s being my first in line.
Strong tea. Boil or microwave. I prefer it with half and half or cream, and various non-sugar sweeteners.

All I can say about this tea is that it is a strong black tea. Nothing more, nothing less. Now that is plenty fine for me.

Very “Assamic” taste, this amber tea is strong in both color and flavor. However, it is a good tea for breakfast (you can mix it with milk) or after a heavy lunch.