PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

• “I finally got a box of this last evening. So though I typically like to brew a pot of loose leaf tea on weekend mornings, and I just got several other fun teas from Tealuxe, I was excited to start...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 807 tasting notes
  • “Two cups this morning first thing. Take my daughter to preschool for her first full day then come home to enjoy one of my last lazy mornings before I start work tomorrow. Third cup with a buttery...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “So, I’ve stopped just logging my teas if I don’t have anything new to add to because then my log would get a bit out of hand. So don’t think I’m not drinking my tea,...” Read full tasting note
    teafiend 61 tasting notes
  • “We had an English pub open up right down the street from us less than a month ago. I stopped by there this evening after dropping the husband off at the airport. We’ve been there twice before...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 692 tasting notes

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

PGTips has to be the most all-round well-made, durable tea of all time. it puts up with whatever you throw at it (although i prefer to stop steeping around 3-4 minutes) and keeps on going. even iced, this tea is just the nummiest. add a TON of sugar and you’ve got sweet tea that would make a southern belle smile! now, pardon me while i go have me a cuppa…

This tea is really nothing fancy but it is delicious all the same. I like it steeped for about a minute and a half. Two minutes is fine too, but any longer than that and the tannins take over. I then sweeten it with a 1/4 tsp of sugar and a splash of whole milk.

Currently my favorite black tea. I like to let it steep for a little while because I like my tea kind of strong. Also good with milk and sugar, but I prefer it straight.

much much better than Lipton, quite enjoyable with milk. Perfectly fine but not extraordinary.

Maybe slightly better than the teas you get served on an airplane, PG Tips offers the standard CTC tea. Kinda hard to mess up.

Best with milk and sugar.

So far, my second favorite tea; Barry’s being my first in line.
Strong tea. Boil or microwave. I prefer it with half and half or cream, and various non-sugar sweeteners.

All I can say about this tea is that it is a strong black tea. Nothing more, nothing less. Now that is plenty fine for me.

Very “Assamic” taste, this amber tea is strong in both color and flavor. However, it is a good tea for breakfast (you can mix it with milk) or after a heavy lunch.

I just tried this plain for the first time and it was pretty good. It’s flavorful but not too strong.