PG Tips

Tea Bag
Edit tea info Last updated by Cpt Bob Petersen

• “I finally got a box of this last evening. So though I typically like to brew a pot of loose leaf tea on weekend mornings, and I just got several other fun teas from Tealuxe, I was excited to start...” Read full tasting note
    laurenpressley 796 tasting notes
  • “Two cups this morning first thing. Take my daughter to preschool for her first full day then come home to enjoy one of my last lazy mornings before I start work tomorrow. Third cup with a buttery...” Read full tasting note
    rabbysmom 92 tasting notes
  • “So, I've stopped just logging my teas if I don't have anything new to add to because then my log would get a bit out of hand. So don't think I'm not drinking my tea, I'm just being lazy about...” Read full tasting note
    teafiend 61 tasting notes
  • “We had an English pub open up right down the street from us less than a month ago. I stopped by there this evening after dropping the husband off at the airport. We've been there twice before and I...” Read full tasting note
    nburriss 540 tasting notes

From PG Tips

PG Tips has been the best known and most popular brand of tea in the UK for over 75 years. Stronger than most Indian and African teas, PG Tips has a similar taste to our English Breakfast Tea.

Always innovating and improving its products, PG Tips features pyramid-shaped tea bags, which allow more room for tea to infuse and produce a better flavor. The Freeflow material used in PG Tips tea bags is made of webbed fibers, which allow water to pass through the filter, reaching the tea quickly and decreasing the brewing time. The Freeflow Pyramid bags result in fast brewing and a superior taste.

Contents: 40 teabags, 4.4 oz

About PG Tips View company

Love it, my favorite black tea!

WTF? These people test on animals? FAIL.

Also, not a good tea.

My Mom LOVES this tea. She kind of turned me onto it. When I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to brew a loose tea I will sometimes throw this into a mug and brew it up. It tastes best with milk and sugar of course. I’m never unhappy with this tea it totally does NOT suck.

PG Tips is my go-to tea. It’s the Anglophile in me. I like a good strong builder’s tea with milk and sugar and this is the best. Discovered this at the Tea Spot in Defiance, Ohio and was delighted to see it available and a lot less expensive at Walmart. This is now a staple in my home.

This is my work tea. I keep a box of 240 on my desk and make a cup when I need it.

My favorite bag tea.

Thank goodness we no longer have this at work anymore! Nasty low grade ctc floor sweepings. Needs an age to steep to get any flavour out the bag, yet once steeped has an oily film on top of the liquid. Known as “monkey tea” for a reason…

monkeeeeeey! my favorite british tea by far- you can never go wrong with the PG tips

This is what I drink 90% of the time. We’ve ended up buying the bulk catering bags because I get through the standard boxes so quickly. It’s also the tea they put in the machines in work, so it’s a good thing I enjoy it so much!

Just came back from London and this tea brings pure English taste to my home.

I drank this at home before visiting London. It’s a good, strong black tea. In London, mostly I found Twinings or Lipton. I did see it sold at a convenience store with a sock monkey, and really wish I bought it! So cute.