Banana Bread Dessert Tea

Apple Pieces, Calendula, Cinnamon, Cocoa Nibs, Flavors, Organic Honeybush
Apple, banana, Cinnamon, Green, Nuts
Caffeine Free
Fair Trade, Organic
Edit tea info Last updated by tea-sipper
205 °F / 96 °C 8 min or more 12 oz / 354 ml

• “Thanks so much for the samples, Plum Deluxe!  I really wanted to try this – I heard great things about it.  Featuring a honeybush base with chocolate, cinnamon, apple with banana and chestnut...” Read full tasting note
  • “I’ve never had banana in a tea before, and I was a bit hesitant because I couldn’t quite imagine it. Additionally, I don’t much care for bananas anyway! But this stuff is like crack, I swear! It is...” Read full tasting note

From Plum Deluxe

Originally featured in our 2018 holiday calendar, this tea was such a hit that we decided to keep it in our permanent lineup. It’s a chocolate chestnut blend with a splash of something unexpected…banana. Ever notice how the addition of banana can really add something lovely (think banana bread, banana splits…).

This blend is not just a great herbal tea but a wonderful conversation starter and the perfect relaxation accompaniment.

INGREDIENTS:
Honeybush Tea, Cocoa Nibs, Cinnamon, Apple Pieces, Calendula, Banana/Chestnut Essences, Love, Gratitude.

PREPARATION INSTRUCTIONS:
Steep 1 tsp in boiling water 4-6 minutes.

About Plum Deluxe View company

Thanks so much for the samples, Plum Deluxe!  I really wanted to try this – I heard great things about it.  Featuring a honeybush base with chocolate, cinnamon, apple with banana and chestnut flavors.  The base seems more to me like rooibos here.  The flavor isn’t what I expect!  I’m mainly tasting hints of banana and cocoa – but the cocoa could really be chestnut…  I can’t say I really know what chestnut tastes like.  I’m glad the apple isn’t more noticeable… that would be odd in a “banana bread” tea anyway. Overall, this just isn’t as special as I wished. The flavor is too light and thin and the apple might be contributing a lightness to it… if I hear “bread” I think starchy, strong, heavy.  This tea is not that.  The banana seems almost like a candy.  As a banana tea, it’s good enough!  Maybe a name change would make this tea more understandable to me.
Steep #1 // 1 1/2 teaspoons for a full mug // 14 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 6 minute steep

I’ve never had banana in a tea before, and I was a bit hesitant because I couldn’t quite imagine it. Additionally, I don’t much care for bananas anyway! But this stuff is like crack, I swear! It is truly banana bread in a cup, but with slightly green bananas so it doesn’t taste overly sweet. I went through my entire package of this stuff in 24 hours. Oops. And on top of that, it’s caffeine free (maybe a touch from the cocoa nibs, I suppose). Most caffeine free teas lack a bit in the flavor department to me, but not this one!

Flavors: Apple, banana, Cinnamon, Green, Nuts