Mount Fuji Sencha

Green Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by alaudacorax

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This my first ever Sencha - part of a gift from my niece. I can't really say a lot about the flavour: I found it quite mild and without much character, but pleasant enough - nothing to dislike...” Read full tasting note
    alaudacorax 80 tasting notes

From Postcard Teas

Fuji Sencha is a very smooth rich Sencha from the slopes of Mount Fuji in Shizuoka. Master Akiyama’s teas have won many prizes including the top gold prize at The World Green Tea Contest. Brew with boiled water that has been allowed to cool for several minutes and a teaspoon per cup.

About Postcard Teas View company

1 Tasting Note

This my first ever Sencha – part of a gift from my niece.

I can’t really say a lot about the flavour: I found it quite mild and without much character, but pleasant enough – nothing to dislike about it. There was the tiniest invigorating bite – something like root ginger, but just the tiniest hint. Pleasant but nothing outstanding.

I let the kettle go off the boil for several minutes – as per the instructions – so I’m guessing at eighty-five degrees as the water temperature.

Incidentally, I made a second cup the same way from the same teaspoon of tea – I didn’t notice any difference.

ETA – I made this today with a bit more tea – a piled-up teaspoon instead of a moderately heaped one. It’s a bit more interesting – touches of boiled cabbage and liquorice with the teeniest hint of root ginger.

Just as yesterday, I made a second mug with the same teaspoon of tea and the flavour is just the same – fascinating to wonder how many times I could repeat it, but I couldn’t drink all that tea!