Lemon Basil Oolong

Oolong Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Greatlin

1 Tasting Note View all

• “Trying a new tea each day. Especially when I can steep it 3 times. Today's cup i think I overreacted and added a bit too much leaf. When steeping, the leaves are not full, but pieces. When dry,...” Read full tasting note
    greatlin 32 tasting notes

From Premium Steap

A delicate blend of Formosa Oolong with lemon and hint of basil. Perfect tea to end a meal or makes refreshing iced tea!

About Premium Steap View company

1 Tasting Note

Trying a new tea each day. Especially when I can steep it 3 times. Today’s cup i think I overreacted and added a bit too much leaf. When steeping, the leaves are not full, but pieces. When dry, the lemon and basil are really prominent, but as I sip the brewed cup, I sense the basil and the lemon is hidden. I also forgot about it and steeped this cup for probably 10 minutes, so it tastes remarkably like black tea. I’m reserving judgement as directions call for 3 minutes. I will throw a rating up after the second steep.

Second Steep: Much better. 3 minutes did the trick. The basil is still there, lemon is still kind of hidden- subtle might be a better term, but the bitterness is gone. The brew was clear with a hazelnut color to it. Note to self: Don’t forget about the tea while steeping.

Third Steep: Oddly better than the second. I steeped it for over 3 minutes, probably closer to 4. Basil is still hanging out with a little lemony twist. I am surprised at the longevity of this blend!

Angrboda

What an interesting combination! Is the lemon aspect flavouring with proper lemon or is it something like lemongrass? I’m going to have to try and experiment with and imitation of this combination.

Greatlin

It is definitely lemon, not lemongrass. It was wonderful. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Angrboda

Cool. I have an otherwise kind of boring lemon black just hanging around the cupboard. I can take some of that out. :)

Greatlin

That sounds delicious! Lemon is just a great friend of tea.