Feeling Soothed - Peppermint, Ginger and Fennel Herbal Tea

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Licorice
Edit tea info Last updated by Eisenherz

From President's Choice

A tummy-friendly infusion with peppermint, ginger and fennel to help keep you feeling soothed.

About President's Choice View company

I don’t remember if this was my choice or the beaus. Because of the peppermint, I’m tempted to say I picked it. Either way, it’s been in our cupboard for quite a while and not really seen the light of day. The bags come in individually wrapped packets, so they’re probably as “fresh” as they would be if you picked up a box at the store today.

I think I had it before and didn’t like it, but can’t remember.

First scent impression is of a lemony kick in the pants. I love lemon, so this is okay. I also like ginger and LOVE peppermint, so I’m ready for this. Let’s do it. First sips – lemon. I don’t really get any of the other stuff. Just lemon. Strong lemon, slightly tart. I’m getting a minor ginger burn at the end. The peppermint must have walked away when I wasn’t looking. My, I wish the peppermint were here.

Anyway, nice enoguh. Should have had some of this when I was sick, it would definitely help. It sort of has that lemon neo citron smell, if you know that stuff.

Might get the beau to try it again, I think he would REALLY like this. I definitely think it’s okay, but I’ve got so many lovely loose teas that taste better, this will likely just be a work or illness tea.

EDIT: Upped the rating. Really came to enjoy it more and more as it cooled. Still lemon dominant and I maybe get a hint of mint in a chilliness at the end of the sip, if that makes sense. Gingerburn in the throat, but freshness at the same time. Quite nice!

What can I say; it soothes me when I’m pissy.

Woohoo! I think I’m finally out of the low point in my cold. The haze has lifted.

I sipped a large cup of this yesterday at lunch. I must say, I would never drink it if I wasn’t sick, but it felt wonderful. I could really taste the ginger and peppermint. The fennel was a much milder note.

I think I’m going to destash my old tea bags on my lunch. Perhaps this will be a more economic and less wasteful way of finishing them.

Boiling 3 min, 45 sec 2 g 16 OZ / 473 ML

Hm, maybe one day I should look into President’s choice teas. Some look very interesting.

Whenever I need to use up a tea I’m kind of “meh” about, I either mix it in with other teas (especially in an iced tea to hide it) or bring it to work since I mostly guzzle my tea mindlessly there anyways.

That’s a good idea, Kristal. I find I don’t have the proper equipment or atmosphere to enjoy a more expensive blend here. I like the idea of making it iced, too. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

Ah, fair enough! And you’re welcome :)

For me this tea was just OK. I found the ginger to be too strong. I am not big into ginger and that might be why I wasn’t crazy about it.

Flavors: Ginger

185 °F / 85 °C 6 min, 30 sec 10 OZ / 300 ML

I carry a bag of this with me at all times. I have a bag in my backpack, a bag in my purse, I have it at work and at home. This works. It’s nice after a large meal, or just after a long day when my stomach feels a bit icky. It’s relaxing, it’s flavourful. I typically only drink this when I’m having stomach problems but that doesn’t mean it’s not a great tea. I just have a lot of stomach issues so I drink this one often enough as it is. Great in a travel mug if you have to go out and about and aren’t feeling 100%.

Flavors: Licorice

205 °F / 96 °C 6 min, 0 sec 2 g 10 OZ / 295 ML

The zing of ginger combined with the silkiness of fennel are a perfect complement to the fresh peppermint taste. This is one of my top three favourite tisanes currently on the market. I love it.