Instant Ginger Honey Crystals

Herbal Tea
Ginger, Honey
Edit tea info Last updated by

From Prince of Peace

Each bag contains concentrated extract from 12 gram of raw ginger which is the base for the appealing aroma and exquisitely smooth taste. Instantly soluble, convenient, and has no artificial additives.

About Prince of Peace View company

Om nom nom.

Boiling
VariaTEA

Haha. Best tasting note ever!

Tabby

I need to try this one! I loved the brown sugar version.

OMGsrsly

:D I didn’t see a brown sugar version! I’ll have to check for it the next time I’m at the Asian market.

Tabby

It’s sooo good! It tastes like it has syrup in it, haha.

Courtney

This note is great!

OMGsrsly

This one is also incredibly sweet. :)

1962 tasting notes

Eve sent this to me in a swap and honestly I had no clue what to do with the pouch. I thought maybe I dumped the whole thing in the cup but then figured that was a little insane so I used about 1/4 of the package in 8 oz of boiling water. The crystals dissolved instantly and left behind a tea that is somehow both extremely sweet and quite spicy. In fact, I think maybe I used too much crystal because this is cloying as I drink but then has a nice ginger zing in the aftertaste. I am just very confused on how I feel right now but thank you Eve for this interesting experience.

Boiling
OMGsrsly

I used a whole package, and it burned (in a good way)! You were wise to only use part of it. :)

VariaTEA

Haha. I think I wanted more burn and less sweetness. I like the burn…

Haha! :)

music27note

Sounds absolutely delicious!

Amariel

I just used the whole pouch and I may add more water…it is very burny. Good, but burny.

space tea!
this shit is delicious!
also, it’s not really tea it’s “beverage”. but whatevs!
it’s burny and sweet and feels so good on my sore dry throat.
i want a freakin gallon of it right now.
space tea rulez hard.

OMGsrsly

OMG I need some of these. That sounds so good, especially for hiking or when you’re sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

These sound pretty tasty…

JustJames

!!!!!!!!

Bonnie

I got some of this once at the health food store. Real honey and strong ginger, not fake either! Super good when you’re sick!!

Shmiracles

yay i found these Instant Ginger Honey Crystals at the health food store too. i bought 2 boxes haha cuz i NEEEEEDed them.

I have been hoarding my sample of this from Kasumi no Chajin for a night when I really needed it, but I recently discovered that my local grocery store stocks it! I had not seen them before because they’re not with the tea: there’s a mysterious section next to the spices featuring loose herbs for blending (lemongrass! eucalyptus!) and more exotic teas. $3 for a box of these, so I can definitely afford to keep them stocked!

I love ginger and I often get nauseous, so this is the absolute perfect tea for me. Plus no steeping involved, so when you are really ill you don’t have to stand around waiting for your tea to be done. The instructions say one whole packet per a small mug but there’s a whole lot in here and it smells strong so I used half of one for one of my smaller mugs.

This is quite possibly the strongest ginger tea I’ve ever had! And I love ginger so coming from me that is a big complement. Warming, spicy, with a nice hint of honey that adds flavor but not overpowering sweetness. And not only is it tasty, the ginger acts as an instant nausea killer. I bet it would be great iced too!

Thank you so much for introducing me to this tea (tisane, I suppose!) Kasumi, I am definitely going to always have it on hand!

Kasumi no Chajin

you are welcome! I will be switching to amazon to keep it in stock, as it is cheaper then my local store. Is good for camping too :P and flavoring mugicha. Yup, I change up water amounts depending on what I want for potentcy too.

Kasumi no Chajin

I have tried hot and cold too, it is much milder cold, but not bad. might try it in my minty mixes this summer.

Alphakitty

I think this one would be amazing in the summer with some crushed mint and a splash of club soda!

Powdered

Appearance: yellow grains
Aroma when Dry: sweet, spicy ginger
After water is first poured: spiced honey
Tea liquor:
At end of steep: shades of yellow, depending on dilution
Staple? Yes, and use medicinally
Preferred time of day: any
Taste:
At first?: spiced honey cake, bit of a bite at a cup or less dilution
As it cools?: notes all mellow, spice lessens
Cold? Honey ginger candy
Additives used (milk, honey, sugar etc)? No, have used it in Mugicha, Chai, and as a cooking spice, with success.
Lingers? Yes, both notes, minor spice, less when cold

Note: Dissolves best in warm to hot. when using at cooling temps, it is best to dissolve in small amount in hot before adding cool water, or chilling.

LiberTEAS

I love this stuff … when I’m sick, I add about half a packet to a cup of black tea (or any kind of tea really, because I don’t end up tasting much of the tea) and it works wonders on a sore throat.

Kasumi no Chajin

nice.I only recently started trying it in tea, but have been using both for years.

I decided to give this freeze-dried ginger-honey granulated powder another try since I have a couple of packets (of unknown provenance…) in my drawer. I find, again, that it’s too sweet for me, and also the ginger seems (logically enough) like dried ginger.

I added some True Lemon, which greatly improved the flavor, as it helped to reawaken the dormant life of the ginger. But for me, this is probably best as a cold remedy, when the honey could help with a sore throat. Of course, there’s always licorice root…

LiberTEAS

I actually love these … but I don’t drink them straight. I brew a cup of hot black tea, and then add about half a packet of the crystals to my black tea and enjoy. It is wonderful when I’m feeling under the weather. I always keep some in the cupboard for when I’m feeling bad.

sherapop

Now there’s an idea: everything is better with tea! ;-)

Instant Ginger Honey Crystals – tastes great, nice ginger-y drink!

Feeling sick today, so I opted to have this one finally, to help push away what I know is coming, and I don’t want. It’s DH’s birthday this week, and I would rather not be snotty and sick. :( So hoping this helps my system and aids in clearing up my sinuses some.

I used the whole packet and about 8 oz of water, but ended up diluting it a little more with a few more ounces. It’s still pretty strong and burny, but more tolerable now. I feel like having these crystals on hand is something I would like. Where does one get them when not sent as part of a swap?

This one is from OMGsrsly and I’m grateful she sent it. It’s been waiting for a while for the right time to use. :)

Flavors: Ginger, Honey

OMGsrsly

:) I got them at T&T, and found more at Superstore. There are lots of varieties, just check the ingredients. I prefer ones with honey and sugar, rather than just sugar.

LiberTEAS

I find these at Whole Foods. I like to mix half a packet with a cup of black tea. It’s a great drink when I’m feeling under the weather.

Amariel

No Whole Foods here. What’s T&T? We have a Stupidstore, but it’s in Langford. I’m in James Bay. I wish we had one closer. We don’t go out that way much except for Costco which is the opposite direction, but I’ve been aiming to get there lately.

OMGsrsly

T&T is an Asian grocery store. You could go to the bigger grocery store in Chinatown, they might have something like this. Check the bags of individually packaged hot drinks, the latest package I got was in with the “cereal” drinks.

Burn baby, burn. This is addicting amazing.

I’ve already added it to my Amazon cart. I couldn’t believe the whole package was for 6-8 oz. of water. I used 15oz. and it is strong. Delicious, yes, but strong. It was also awesome to just watch all the crystals dissolve instantly upon my pouring boiling water in. Thanks OMGsrsly!

VariaTEA

I might have used like 1/4 of the package for 8 oz and the honey was too strong. I wanted more ginger!!

Courtney

The honey was pretty strong but I got a lot of ginger too. It burned the back of my throat. In a good way haha. I used the whole package though, gah. It was intense.

VariaTEA

Haha. I got a lot of ginger but I wanted more to drown out the sweetness.

I love this one. So good for camping! :) Glad someone else is now addicted. :D

Mmmmm… This is definitely one to remember if you have a sore throat, stomachache, cold, or on freezing nights. The honey, the ginger, a steaming cup – warms you up instantly! For those not accustomed to the taste of ginger, or don’t like strong ginger drinks, this is not for you. The ginger is incredibly distinct, and can be a little overpowering, but the sweetness of the honey and sugar take the bite off it, turning it into a drink that’s sweet, savory, and spicy.