Edit tea info Last updated by Nicole

From Princess Noori

Can’t find any info online about this tea and the package is all in Russian! It’s a CTC Earl Grey using Sri Lankan tea. That’s all I can tell.

About Princess Noori View company

I got this today at a local shop that sells Russian goods. The package is all in Russian except for the side I took the picture of. :) Here’s a picture of the Russian side: http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/dagony/media/Tea%20Stash/IMG_1987_zps4d73c0f7.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

When I opened this, it was holy-cow-bergamot! It’s a pleasant, mild tea with a great bergamot flavor. And the price was definitely right. I think I probably have come to prefer cream Earl Greys, but this one will be used up for sure.

Kaylee

The side you photographed in Russian says:
“Select Black Tea
Princess Noori
Earl Grey
Distinctive Taste – Excellent Quality”
The seal says: “Genuine Fresh Tea”, though I’m not certain about the word fresh, it’s hard to make out.

Nicole

Thanks for the translation, Kaylee! My husband was taking Russian classes but had to stop soon after starting due to work issues, so he wasn’t much help :)

Thank you Nicole! I’m always willing to try any Earl Grey. The leaves here are so small they almost look like a CTC but I don’t think they are small enough. The fragrance of the dry leaves smells like bergamot but steeping it seems different. The flavor is nice though! It reminds me of grapefruit more than most EGs. The black base is surprisingly smooth — no astringency after three minutes. Really a perfect base for the bergamot…. but I like a LOT of bergamot. The second steep for three minutes seems to have more bergamot. Somehow there is almost something creamy about this, but it isn’t an EG Cream. I think any EG has the magical ability to make my mood instantly better on the first sip. Can I drink a billion more cups of this today?