Gingerbread Man

Apple, Ginger
Edit tea info Last updated by VariaTEA

• “Mastress Alita’s sipdown challenge National Kiss a Ginger Day / National Marzipan Day Tea #1 Well, I’ll post these even though Steepster is on another freeze.  Thanks very much again for the teas,...” Read full tasting note
  • “Didn’t like this sample from variaTEA. I DO love ginger, I didn’t like the mess of this tea. So much so that I didn’t want to finish it, which doesn’t happen often. The base tea wasn’t great….it...” Read full tasting note
  • “Steeped long and strong this morning with a splash of cream added in during the steeping process and the result!? Still more thin than I’d like and missing the all important molasses note of a good...” Read full tasting note
  • “I was watching Sugar Rush and one team made a spiced cake and I starting craving that spice profile. I originally pulled the Sticky Toffee Pudding tea by Pudtea out of the drawer but wanted more...” Read full tasting note

From Pudtea

It’s not Christmas until you’ve tucked into a tray of freshly baked gingerbread! Black tea and apple are blended with ginger, cinnamon and a dash of orange peel to create this spicy but delicate treat.

INGREDIENTS

Black tea, apple, orange, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, almonds, natural flavouring.

BREWING INSTRUCTIONS

Add 1 teaspoon per cup (2 teaspoons if, like us, you prefer your tea in a mug). Add freshly boiled water and infuse for 3 to 5 minutes.

HOW WE LIKE IT

Perfect as it is!

ALLERGENS

Contains: nuts

All our tea blends are made in small batches in a kitchen where nuts, gluten, dairy and other allergens may be present.

About Pudtea View company

Well, I’ll post these even though Steepster is on another freeze.  Thanks very much again for the teas, AJRimmer!  This not only has ginger BUT ALSO almond, so yay!  Two in one for the challenge today!    A huge mix of ingredients here, but it looks like there isn’t very much black tea here.  The brew says it too – the color is extremely pale brown.   I wouldn’t say this tastes like gingerbread as the apple is very noticeable.  But then the second steep is mostly ginger flavored to the point where the color of the brew and the flavor is making me think of turmeric.     Neither steep was saying gingerbread to me.  Gingerbread cookies aren’t this healthy!
Steep #1 // 1 1/4 teaspoons for a full mug // 21 minutes after boiling // 2 minute steep
Steep #2 // just boiled // 3 minute steep

Flavors: Apple, Ginger

Didn’t like this sample from variaTEA. I DO love ginger, I didn’t like the mess of this tea. So much so that I didn’t want to finish it, which doesn’t happen often. The base tea wasn’t great….it didn’t really come across like gingerbread… can’t win them all ;)

Steeped long and strong this morning with a splash of cream added in during the steeping process and the result!? Still more thin than I’d like and missing the all important molasses note of a good gingerbread, but it’s infinitely more enjoyable this way and is actually on the way to resembling a gingerbread cookie…

Also a nice winter profile to help get me hyped up for advent season!! I’m simultaneously so excited for it, but also waaayyy in denial that we’re already almost in December. That part feels fake.

Leafhopper

You’re right, it’s hard to believe we’re almost in December, though I can’t be the only one who’s eager to say goodbye to 2020.

tea-sipper

Whoever said “time flies when you’re having fun” was wrong wrong wrong.

I was watching Sugar Rush and one team made a spiced cake and I starting craving that spice profile. I originally pulled the Sticky Toffee Pudding tea by Pudtea out of the drawer but wanted more spice so this caught my eye.

Hot, it had a lot of ginger but also a lot of apple flavor which I didn’t love. However, as this cooled slightly, that Apple flavor disappeared a bit and it really does have that sharp ginger and sweet molasses thing that gingerbread has. I’m into it.