2009 Bulang Big Tree Pu-erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “This was a one brew sized sample so I'm not sure if it was my brewing or not but this one is a bit different. It has an unusually strong taste for a shu that is more woody instead of earthy which...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes
  • “A pretty unique tasting tea for me compared to my other shus. It tastes very much like raw pastry--more so when blended with butter/coconut oil. On its own it also has a bit of a rubber taste (and...” Read full tasting note
    feiniel 39 tasting notes

From Puerh Shop

2009 Bulang Big Tree Pu-erh Tea (布朗大树熟茶)

The tea was made by using big tree materials from Bulang mountain, it had large twisted leaves, it was an excellent Pu-erh, the tea infused to produce an exceptional connoisseur’s tea.

This tea brews a clear chestnut soup in color, rich in flavor, nice camphor and woody notes. This tea has been stored in Menghai since 2009 till now, so it’s a bit ‘wet stored’.

Fermented or ripe Pu-erh Tea 100g bag Vintage 2009 Quality: Superior Grade Loose tea leaves Caffeine: Moderate

About Puerh Shop View company

This was a one brew sized sample so I’m not sure if it was my brewing or not but this one is a bit different. It has an unusually strong taste for a shu that is more woody instead of earthy which I would expect for what the vendor describes as being wet stores. Too bad the sample was a one brew size as it is one of those teas that it takes a second time or so to try before knowing if you want to buy a whole cake or not.

A pretty unique tasting tea for me compared to my other shus. It tastes very much like raw pastry—more so when blended with butter/coconut oil. On its own it also has a bit of a rubber taste (and not entirely in a bad way). Definitely creamy.