2003 Old Nugget Pu-erh Tea

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe
Boiling 1 min, 15 sec 10 g 4 oz / 118 ml

• “I feel when it comes to ripe puerh that puerh nuggets are always a safe bet for your money as I have yet to have encountered bad quality among nuggets. This is a puerh that demands to be brewed...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes
  • “This is a very easy and cost effective way to enjoy aged ripe puerh. I usually overleaf on nuggets because they are so tight and it takes awhile for these to loosen and allow steeping of all the...” Read full tasting note
    Dignitea 281 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

Yunnan Nugget Pu-erh tea was made of large tea leaves harvested in Xishuangbanna and it had underwent proper aging. During Pu-erh oxidation process, some of the tea leaves will get stuck with one another and takes a nugget shape form as a result of heat and high compression.

This tea brews a clear chestnut soup in color, rich in flavor, very smooth, no bitterness and no bad aftertaste. Good for multiple infusions.

About PuerhShop.com View company

I feel when it comes to ripe puerh that puerh nuggets are always a safe bet for your money as I have yet to have encountered bad quality among nuggets. This is a puerh that demands to be brewed strong to have a thicker texture otherwise it comes off as a mediocre puerh. It produces a dark color brew with a light silky texture that is not too thick with the expected sweet mellowness. Although what sets this one apart is that it also has a bit of a fresh crisp taste to it that I have not encountered before in a ripe puerh. I am not sure if this is a result of the ripe puerh being aged as at 7 years old it is also the oldest ripe puerh that I’ve had to date. Regardless while it is not the best puerh that I’ve had recently is clearly in the upper middle range when it comes to puerh.

This is a very easy and cost effective way to enjoy aged ripe puerh. I usually overleaf on nuggets because they are so tight and it takes awhile for these to loosen and allow steeping of all the leaves. The tea broth is a clear dark brown. Smooth, woody taste with a very pleasant aftertaste. I’m usually able to get 6-7 nice infusions out of this one.

Boiling 0 min, 30 sec 10 g 4 OZ / 118 ML