2009 Mengku Ancient Yun Pu-erh Tea Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by TeaLam
200 °F / 93 °C

1 Tasting Note View all

• “This is the first real sheng pu-erh tea I've had so I can't say that I have anything to compare it to. However I did find this tea very enjoyable. The leaves let off a very strong peachy sweet...” Read full tasting note
    TeaLam 15 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

The cake was made of the old tree material harvested in 2009 Spring, Mengku area, a collection piece with limited production.

The tea leaves are not ‘baked’ dry, but sun dried, which I consider an important factor for a long term aging. The old tradition is good to follow.

The brewed tea is aromatic, typical Lincang flavour and a good sweet aftertaste.

* Green Pu-erh tea cake 357g * Vintage 2009
  • Raw/Green/Unfermented
  • Premium class
  • Loose tea leaves
  • Caffeine: Moderate
  • Special-Reserve

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

This is the first real sheng pu-erh tea I’ve had so I can’t say that I have anything to compare it to. However I did find this tea very enjoyable.

The leaves let off a very strong peachy sweet aroma after the first rinse. The tea soup was a nice golden-yellow color. The tea itself was full-bodied, velvety smooth and sweet with notes of peaches and flowers. The finish was clean and there was no astringency at all, even at the 12th infusion. There was a bit of chalkiness, but not in a displeasing way.

The strength was nice throughout the whole sitting with the peachy sweetness coming in still at the end. There isn’t a whole lot of complexity to the tea, but it was still very pleasing and enjoyable. A nice daily tea, and for the price I might actually buy the whole cake.

Steeped in a 180 ml gaiwan for 12 infusions.

200 °F / 93 °C