2008 Menghai Dayi "HongYun" Pu-erh Tea Cake (勐海大益红韵圆茶)

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by mrmopar

1 Tasting Note View all

• “★★★★ (Detailed Review Coming Soon) Notes: Delicious. Earthy and rich in flavor with a hint of sweetness on the nose. Nice leathery and woodsy flavor notes, a well-rounded Pu-erh. I steep my...” Read full tasting note
    RichieMerritt 25 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

A premium 100 grams tea cake is flavoured with mellow, pure in aromatic smell. It brews a ruby red soup, sweet and thick.

Thanks to its long history and rich experience, Menghai Tea Factory makes the best of ripen teas, this one is no exception and it’s of high collection value.

•Pu-erh Tea Cake 100g
•Caffeine: Moderate

About PuerhShop.com View company

1 Tasting Note

★★★★

(Detailed Review Coming Soon)

Notes:
Delicious. Earthy and rich in flavor with a hint of sweetness on the nose. Nice leathery and woodsy flavor notes, a well-rounded Pu-erh. I steep my Pu-erh’s a lot longer than most, because I enjoy them strong, so my reviews might be skewed compared to other people’s liking. The first and second steep are great with this tea, but its rich flavor fades, thins out past where I like it by the third steeping. But I’d buy it again for sure.

My Ratings…
★ = Didn’t Hate It.
★★ = Not Bad.
★★★ = Me Likey.
★★★★ = Impressive!
★★★★★ = AwesomeSauce!

Geoffrey Norman

I have this exact cake. Picked it up at an Asian grocery store, no less. Not a bad cooked pu-erh at all.