2007 Golden Tips Guang Yun Gong Ripen Cake

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by John Grebe

• “★★★★ Absolutely deelish... no off tastes and has that nice smooth earthy and leathery flavor that I love in a good Pu-erh. This is a solid Pu-erh Tea, I could drink this one often. This is my...” Read full tasting note
    RichieMerritt 25 tasting notes
  • “Hopefully my brewing came out all right as this was a free sample which contained a little less leaf than I would use to brew it in my gaiwan. Overall a nice light and sweet tasting ripe puerh...” Read full tasting note
    JohnGrebe 224 tasting notes

From PuerhShop.com

2007 Guang Yun Gong Imperial Ripen Pu-erh Tea Cake (金芽广云贡熟茶饼)

Guangyungong (GYG) is a legend in Puerh tea circle. The aged GYG can fetch a triple digit price.

This is a replica of the original GYG. By using good material from Bulang mountain, it was re-created by a tried and true processing method at Menghai Tiandiren Tea Factory – a tea factory that was commissioned to make CNNP products to export for years, along with Menghai Tea Factory.

It brews a ruby broth, mellow, very smooth with no off taste. It’s a tea can be enjoyed by everyone, even a novice to Pu-erh.

Pu-erh Tea Cake 380g
Caffeine: Moderate
Special-Reserve

About PuerhShop.com View company

★★★★

Absolutely deelish… no off tastes and has that nice smooth earthy and leathery flavor that I love in a good Pu-erh. This is a solid Pu-erh Tea, I could drink this one often.

This is my first steep of this tea, so my opinion of it will most likely change as I get to know her better. Off to a great start though :)

Again… the people at PuerhShop.com bringin’ some mighty fine Pu-erhs to the table.
Aside from their wonderful selection of teas, I’m extremely satisfied with their service. Super quick shipping and good prices. I highly recommend them.

My Ratings…
★ = Didn’t Hate It.
★★ = Not Bad.
★★★ = Me Likey.
★★★★ = Impressive!
★★★★★ = AwesomeSauce!

Hopefully my brewing came out all right as this was a free sample which contained a little less leaf than I would use to brew it in my gaiwan. Overall a nice light and sweet tasting ripe puerh with a smooth finish. If anything if somebody had a complaint about this tea is would be of it being a bit on the plain side as the other way of putting the light, sweet and no off taste. Either way it is an easy drinking casual ripe puerh that if I did not already have so much puerh on hand I might consider buying as an everyday puerh.