2007 Menghai Yunhai Puerh Ball

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Thomas Edward(Toad)

From PuerhShop.com

These are hand-rolled Puerh tea balls by using the wholesome premium tea leaves.

About PuerhShop.com View company

Another offering from Tommy and thus cashing all my swaps with her. I think that the Menghai pu-erh tea is some the best quality pu-erh that I have tried. This is another great offering like the 2006 V8. It really has the same nose and smoothness that the v8 has but just makes a little bit less cups. I would say one ball makes about 16oz of steepage. So it’s perfect for the cup that I’ve had going on 11years I think. It has some fame to it because when I couldn’t find it for a while my former roommate said “you can’t find the holy grail?” I used to drink my coffee from it everyday when we lived together. Luckily it was found and I’ve been enjoying this tea in it. Again 6 good steeps so far. Thanks again Tommy.

THX2250

Did you find that it lost it’s strength after about 7 or 8 steeps? How long did you go for?

The DJBooth

About the 7th steep it turns to what I like to call mushroom water.

Just got samples from Puerhshop and I’m so excited!For a greenhorn like myself to see the tiny cakes,balls,and the tightly packed pieces from larger cakes is absolutely unreal.I feel like a big timer right now!I must write this note quickly before the delusion wears off. Dry leaf smell is definitely aqautic,reminds me of a fishtank after it’s been emptied.Wettened something woodsy is added.Color is a deep red brown-almost looks like wood stain.The first taste is smooth and bold,still woodsy but add earthy as well.The sweetness has caught me by surprise.I hate to say this and risk being misleading,but I’m reminded of caramel popcorn,Caramel popcorn ribbons wrapped in cedar.It’s not a powerful sweet,but it’s there. The aqautic portion of this equation is limited to what the nose detects on the way to my mouth.Between the slight dryness and the cedar tone I’m wanting to say that it’s heading toward malty rather than the mossy I expected.It’s quite delicious,even now that I’m on my 5th steeping.Strength of the aftertaste doesn’t match the drink,it’s there but seems like it should be greater.I really love that sweet ribbon I mentioned and it’s present in the aftertaste as well. I would definitely suggest this.If my novice palate can appreciate this pu’erh then I fear no displeasurable experiences for the general drinker. Tunes;Jamie Cullum-Gran Tarino/Twenty Something/Wind Cries Mary
Doug F

I like how you include your music selections. Keep ’em coming!

A rich dark chocolate looking tea ball with a woodsy smell. I brew these in a 6oz glass steeper and love to watch the 1 inch tea balls unfurl in the boiling water as the very dark brownish-red tea soup develops. The flavor is earthy yet smooth and mellow. While I definitely prefer the ripe puerh bricks or cakes, these little guys are a great value for an every day shu!

Boiling

This was pretty decent, considering the size of the balls. I still prefer cakes to these though