2011 MGH 1104 Ripe Pu-erh Tea Brick

Pu-erh Tea
Edit tea info Last updated by Tommy the Toad

From PuerhShop.com

The great tradition continues with ready to drink ripen tea leaves that are 5 years old.

We decided to use old vintage ripen tea leaves fermented in 2006 for our MGH 1104 brick. Now you would enjoy a smooth drink without ‘Duiwei’ (People describe it as pond, fishy, a strange smell of new ripe Pu-erh that many not used to).

About PuerhShop.com View company

Having this one again. Has been a while since the last time, but is still delivering a nice cup.The vanilla is still there in the background maybe muted a bit in the age process.

DigniTea

I also enjoy this one.

Thank you, boychik, for the sample of this! :)

The aroma is very much reminiscent of walnut. The taste is quite mellow, smooth, a hint of cream and vanilla. It is a perfectly fine Shu. Not very contemplative, however, perfect if you are looking for a shou to accompany a meal, as the notes are not very powerful. I will definitely have to pick up a brick of this.

boychik

glad you like it. its perfect everyday shu if you just want to drink and not bother with notes.

mrmopar

+1 for everyday. This one can do the trick.

boychik

I picked it based on your recommendation and others reviews as well, mrmopar

mrmopar

Thanks I am flattered that you trusted me that much! I am the only one in the house that drinks the “Barn” smelling tea! I do like how this one brews up always dark and an almost bittersweet chocolate note to it.

This one still tastes nice to me.

Before brewing I split the mini brick in half down the middle to decrease the thickness to avoid having problems of it not wanting to open up enough to brew properly. Overall a decent ripe puerh that holds true to the vendor claims but without a doubt the 2011 MGH 1108 brick is a bit better so unless you really want the mini brick style I would say go with that one instead.